inter-game chat channels...has anyone gotten it to work?

Test 1:

With my baz mule in EQ I did: /join blah
With my eq2 main I did: /join eq.zebuxoruk.blah

Test 2:
In EQ2 I created blah2
In EQ I typed: [join eq2.kithicor.blah2

Both tests appeared to work fine, but /list (or /whochannel) lists only one
character and chat from one game didn't appear in the other.

Is this simply something Sony hasn't gotten working yet, or am I doing it
wrong? I visited the forums and did not see a decisive answer.

A thousand monkeys banging on keyboards posted the following under the
name "Dan Harmon" <deharmon@bigfoot.com>:

>Test 1:
>
>With my baz mule in EQ I did: /join blah
>With my eq2 main I did: /join eq.zebuxoruk.blah
>
>Test 2:
>In EQ2 I created blah2
>In EQ I typed: [join eq2.kithicor.blah2
>
>Both tests appeared to work fine, but /list (or /whochannel) lists only one
>character and chat from one game didn't appear in the other.
>
>Is this simply something Sony hasn't gotten working yet, or am I doing it
>wrong? I visited the forums and did not see a decisive answer.

It's not working right.

But there are a few of us now in "eq.serverwide.age:age" in EQ2. You
won't see EQ1 chat there but you might see us....

--

"Why stop now, just when I'm hating it?" - Marvin

"It's certainly not a "memory leak." - 'shadows', my latest stalker
"No one said it wasn't a memory leak." - 'shadows' a few posts later

On Fri, 26 Nov 2004 23:01:59 GMT, Ben Sisson
<ilkhanikeDIESPAM@yahoo.ca> wrote:

>A thousand monkeys banging on keyboards posted the following under the
>name "Dan Harmon" <deharmon@bigfoot.com>:
<snip>
>>Is this simply something Sony hasn't gotten working yet, or am I doing it
>>wrong? I visited the forums and did not see a decisive answer.
>
>It's not working right.
>
>But there are a few of us now in "eq.serverwide.age:age" in EQ2. You
>won't see EQ1 chat there but you might see us....

Very few people on the channel. A lot of the time I seem to be the
only one on.

__
Wulfbones 16 Gnome Cleric Qeynos Antonia Bayle
Wulfrunner 14 Gnome Predator Qeynos Antonia Bayle
WUlfkiller 12 Gnome Warrior Qeynos Antonia Bayle
Wulffy 13 Gnome Summoner Qeynos Antonia Bayle

Wulfbones

Wulfbones wrote:

> Wulfbones 16 Gnome Cleric Qeynos Antonia Bayle
> Wulfrunner 14 Gnome Predator Qeynos Antonia Bayle
> WUlfkiller 12 Gnome Warrior Qeynos Antonia Bayle
> Wulffy 13 Gnome Summoner Qeynos Antonia Bayle

I see you had a hard time deciding on a race, alignment, and server

name Wulfbones <wulfbones@live-oak.com>:

>On Fri, 26 Nov 2004 23:01:59 GMT, Ben Sisson
><ilkhanikeDIESPAM@yahoo.ca> wrote:
>
>>A thousand monkeys banging on keyboards posted the following under the
>>name "Dan Harmon" <deharmon@bigfoot.com>:
><snip>
>>>Is this simply something Sony hasn't gotten working yet, or am I doing it
>>>wrong? I visited the forums and did not see a decisive answer.
>>
>>It's not working right.
>>
>>But there are a few of us now in "eq.serverwide.age:age" in EQ2. You
>>won't see EQ1 chat there but you might see us....
>
>Very few people on the channel. A lot of the time I seem to be the
>only one on.

That's why I am mentioning it here. :p

Btw sig indicator is dash-dash-space, not underscore. (yes it makes a
difference)

--

"Why stop now, just when I'm hating it?" - Marvin

"It's certainly not a "memory leak." - 'shadows', my latest stalker
"No one said it wasn't a memory leak." - 'shadows' a few posts later

On Sat, 27 Nov 2004 09:16:20 GMT, Ben Sisson
<ilkhanikeDIESPAM@yahoo.ca> wrote:

<snip>
>Btw sig indicator is dash-dash-space, not underscore. (yes it makes a
>difference)

Thanks. Changed it.

--
Wulfbones 16 Gnome Cleric Qeynos Antonia Bayle
Wulfrunner 15 Gnome Predator Qeynos Antonia Bayle

Wulfbones

On Fri, 26 Nov 2004 21:40:45 -0500, Lance Berg <emporer@dejazzd.com>
wrote:

>Wulfbones wrote:
>
>> Wulfbones 16 Gnome Cleric Qeynos Antonia Bayle
>> Wulfrunner 14 Gnome Predator Qeynos Antonia Bayle
>> WUlfkiller 12 Gnome Warrior Qeynos Antonia Bayle
>> Wulffy 13 Gnome Summoner Qeynos Antonia Bayle
>>
>I see you had a hard time deciding on a race, alignment, and server
I'm mainly looking on which class I find more interesting.

--

On Mon, 29 Nov 2004 09:08:21 -0800, Wulfbones <wulfbones@live-oak.com>
wrote:

>On Sat, 27 Nov 2004 09:16:20 GMT, Ben Sisson
><ilkhanikeDIESPAM@yahoo.ca> wrote:
>
><snip>
>>Btw sig indicator is dash-dash-space, not underscore. (yes it makes a
>>difference)
>
>Thanks. Changed it.
>
>--
>Wulfbones 16 Gnome Cleric Qeynos Antonia Bayle

You've got two spaces there.

Freddie Agricola <derfy@uab.edu> wrote in

> On Mon, 29 Nov 2004 09:08:21 -0800, Wulfbones <wulfbones@live-oak.com>
> wrote:
>
>>On Sat, 27 Nov 2004 09:16:20 GMT, Ben Sisson
>><ilkhanikeDIESPAM@yahoo.ca> wrote:
>>
>><snip>
>>>Btw sig indicator is dash-dash-space, not underscore. (yes it makes a
>>>difference)
>>
>>Thanks. Changed it.
>>
>>--
>>Wulfbones 16 Gnome Cleric Qeynos Antonia Bayle
>
> You've got two spaces there.

And, yes, it does make a difference. :b

Some newsreaders will automatically snip anything after the signature
indicator, if it is correct, i.e. "-- ". Two dashes, one space, nothing
more.

--
On Erollisi Marr in <Sanctuary of Marr>

On Steamfont in <Bane of Evil>