Delay between data calls?

Is there a minimum delay between data calls? I have noticed that if I dial
#777 with my laptop and get online through my Verizon cell phone, it works
okay. But, after I disconnect if I try to reconnect shortly afterwards it
won't go through. I have to wait like 10 or 15 minutes before it will work
again. Why is this?

-Jeff

"Jeff P." <jeff_phil-NO@SPAM-yahoo.com> wrote in message
> Is there a minimum delay between data calls? I have noticed that if I dial
> #777 with my laptop and get online through my Verizon cell phone, it works
> okay. But, after I disconnect if I try to reconnect shortly afterwards it
> won't go through. I have to wait like 10 or 15 minutes before it will work
> again. Why is this?
>
> -Jeff

What program are you using to connect? My mobile office works fine, but my
futuredial has a problem disco'ng. As I recall, it was something about MO
dropping DTR to hang up, but FD doing it another way... If you happen to be
using a futuredial cable, there is a guy on here named Roger Binns (sorry if
I mispelled that!) that can probably answer that.

>>Is there a minimum delay between data calls? I have noticed that if I dial
>>#777 with my laptop and get online through my Verizon cell phone, it works
>>okay. But, after I disconnect if I try to reconnect shortly afterwards it
>>won't go through. I have to wait like 10 or 15 minutes before it will work
>>again. Why is this?
>
> This is inconsistent with my experience. Just a couple of days ago, I
> disconnected, then even while still waiting for it to finalize the
> disconnect procedure I remembered something else I wanted to do online and
> immediately reconnected, with no problem.

I also have never had to wait. Perhaps of significance is that I don't
use any dialer programs - I just directly configure Windows dial up
networking.

Roger