BF3 gtx 580 sli for ultra, true or false ?

-ken-

Distinguished
Jul 5, 2011
Obviously some of us are waiting for battlefield 3... I was wondering, do you really think that BF3 will require SLI for ultra ?
Forget about the EA dude saying that "GTX 580 sli will be safe" I find hard to believe it... EA and Nvidia work together, Its obvious that they are trying to marking the cards...
Even if its true, how they want to keep the 64 players servers stable ? higher settings will lower the fps but besides that, it will increase the ping as well...
I wanna know why many tend to think that BF3, will require better hardware on final release ?

My current system which I got a month ago is :
Core I7 2600k stock clocks
asus p8z68 motherboard
8gb g.skill sniper edition 1600mhz
asus gtx 580 dcu2

If my system wont run BF3 on ultra, with 1920x1080 res and playable fps (40-60)
I'll be really disappointed.

Solution
I was wondering, do you really think that BF3 will require SLI for ultra ?

It might. I would venture to guess its absolutely necessary for gaming at 2560x1600 resolution. It may also be necessary for 1080p. We won't know until it ships.

how they want to keep the 64 players servers stable ?

Want and what they actually get can be two different things. They probably have internally asked themselves this question and worked hard to answer it.

I wanna know why many tend to think that BF3, will require better hardware on final release ?

New games don't usually require newer or better hardware to be playable. Some game companies like to improve upon their products, and deliver bigger and better experiences, in order to...

Eldd

Distinguished
Sep 6, 2008

If that system won't run BF 3 at playable FPS, on your system, that means something is not quite right about this game, really.

-ken-

Distinguished
Jul 5, 2011

Are being sarcastic ? any way... you didn't answered to any of my questions.

I was wondering, do you really think that BF3 will require SLI for ultra ?

It might. I would venture to guess its absolutely necessary for gaming at 2560x1600 resolution. It may also be necessary for 1080p. We won't know until it ships.

how they want to keep the 64 players servers stable ?

Want and what they actually get can be two different things. They probably have internally asked themselves this question and worked hard to answer it.

New games don't usually require newer or better hardware to be playable. Some game companies like to improve upon their products, and deliver bigger and better experiences, in order to gain the loyalty of new customers and the confidence of its loyal supporters. In these cases, the latest games use the newest, flashiest, eye-candy trickery to really wow your socks off. In order to experience the game at its absolute best, it usually requires some beefy hardware.

asus gtx 580 dcu2

If my system wont run BF3 on ultra, with 1920x1080 res and playable fps (40-60)
I'll be really disappointed.

I tend to shy away from 3-slot graphics cards. That's a lot of real estate for a single card. I hope you are able to enjoy the game to its fullest and without compromise. You did get a K-series processor so don't be afraid to let that tiger loose a little bit, if needed.

Solution

Eldd

Distinguished
Sep 6, 2008

Actually no, I wasn't. I was just pointing out that your system is a pretty good one, and if THAT system wouldn't be able to run the game at a good pace, then they really went over the board with that game. Probably it's much easier to design and develop a game that will run best on monster systems than anything else.

Anyway, the game's requirements are public, so your guess is as good as ours. We'll see how it all pans out.

-ken-

Distinguished
Jul 5, 2011

alright :) thanks 4 the assist ;)