alohabrent

Distinguished
Aug 25, 2011
You could try a disc repair kit, they sell them at gamestop, usually by the register. If this does not work try borrowing a copy from a friend and downloading to your hard drive.

steimy

Distinguished
Aug 25, 2011
I would agree, the first and cheapest method would be a disc repair kit. Although they are surely not the greatest things in the world. And the electric type that do the best job are not cheap.

As far as the "downloading" option above just ignore it. This is a console game for Xbox 360, you can't just make a copy or play it from the hard drive without having a working original disc. Not to mention it is totally illegal.

steimy

Distinguished
Aug 25, 2011
It' called copywrite laws.

PS, did you even read that guide? Yes, you can copy your games to the hard drive on the Xbox 360 but just as i said above you still need the original disc in your tray to play them.

"Note The game disc must be in the disc drive, even though you have installed the game on your hard drive. The console will automatically play the game from your hard drive, but the disc has to be present."

They did this because if they did not then you would have no need to buy games, you could just barrow a friends and install it.

since he has the original disk all it has to do is detect the disk in tray for the game and it should work, its just a bit scratched.

PS, no reason to be snarky, I have a friend that had to do that with gears because his disk was too scratched to play

EDIT: the correct spelling is " copyright "

steimy

Distinguished
Aug 25, 2011
You asked why it was illegal, and that is the answer. Even if he owns the game, making a copy of someone else's is still illegal.

Do, i agree with every law like that, well no. But it is what it is.

you are being too black and white on the issue. technically he bought a game that is now unplayable, and he can still play said game he bought if a friend lets him copy it to his HDD. i dont see the harm/illegal activity there. you are saying right and wrong when its just an opinionated judgement of ethics.
OP, i dont see why it isnt worth a try.

TRENDING THREADS