File or directory error.

October 7, 2004 4:18:27 AM

I get the following error message on a regular basis.
The File or directory c:\windows 32 is corrupt and
unreadable. Please run chkdsk utility.
When I run it. It corrects an error in index $I30 for
file 29.
System runs OK for a while afterwards.
This problem seems to coincide with my kids running
Microsoft Zoo Tycoon, but I'm not certain.
Help would be appreciated. It doesn't really cause a
problem, but it's very annoying.

More about : file directory error

October 7, 2004 12:56:18 PM

I would download from your hard disk manufacturer the
diagnostic utility for your hard drive model. Run all
tests except write tests. If there are errors, I would
back up computer and purchase another hard disk.