CHKDSK seems to have frozen at 49%

Brian

Distinguished
Sep 9, 2003

I am running CHKDSK on Dell 400 with Wndows XP Pro. At "Chkdsk is verifying
file data (stage 4 of 5) 49% coplete" This has styed the same for hours but
processor still working. Can I interrupt process & how?

Larry

Distinguished
Dec 31, 2007

Try ctl-alt-del to break out of chkdsk. Then you need to
delete the next schedule chkdsk(because it senses it
didn't finish) To do that:

Power Off. Then power on, Depress and hold F8

Select "disable error restart"

You need to reconcile the errors your getting with chkdsk
I know if you miss it at boot up its gone.
You can view by opening event viewer Need help? Open up
help and support and search for "event viewer" Select
application events . Under the heading source, look for
winlogon. One of your winlogons will have the results of
chkdsk