HP PSC 1215 refill cartridges

Hi Peeps,

I'm using a new PSC 1215 and have finished the black cartridge from HP.
I certainly didn't want to pay HP prices again and so went to inkcycle!
However, the cartridges work for graphics only (eg black will work when
printed from paint, but not for text from NotePad, WordPad or Microsoft
Word!)

I've tried cleaning the cartridges and realigning them and this works
for the test page, and then the text doesn't print again!

I tries the troubleshooters in XP and they said to cheack with
Manufacturer for updates, check Microsoft Update or find another
driver. I went to HP UK and checked my installation, FINE, Microsoft
Update, FINE, and I don't want a third party driver (I think HP can
handle their own hardware, don't you?)

Oh and the same has happened to my HP APOLLO p-2200?

HELP!!!

Thanks, Guys (and Gals)

"SimonL" <simonlenton@gmail.com> wrote in message

> I'm using a new PSC 1215 and have finished the black cartridge from HP.
> I certainly didn't want to pay HP prices again and so went to inkcycle!
> However, the cartridges work for graphics only (eg black will work when
> printed from paint, but not for text from NotePad, WordPad or Microsoft
> Word!)

It sounds like you have a bad black cartridge. Graphics (even black graphics)
use the color cartridge, whereas the text uses the black cartridge.

Regards,