internet explorer errors

Just wondering if anyone had any ideas about some
problems we are occuring as of late. I get booted off my
internet connection randomly - most often trying to
logout of my email accounts. I look into the error and
it often says that I am missing an update. Upon
accessing the Windows site to look for/download updates,
the screen freezes - it just never seems to be looking at
my system to configure what updates I need. We have
Windows XP Professional - and we had to reinstall it due
to some lost file messages, etc.. I don't think this is
the only problem with my computer at this point - just
looking for some ideas on where to start. Thanks.
1 answer Last reply
More about internet explorer errors

    When you have problems with internet browser, most likely
    its maleware, spyware that running havic with it.
    Probably an install you did from a download . Or you have
    backup of your computer and those backups have the same
    problems.

    If you don't have reliable spyware removal, you can get
    it with spybot free at :

    http://www.net-integration.net/index.php?
    page=spybotsd#clean

    I suggest you run the spybot scan. It will run awhile.
    WHen finished ,clean recommended. Some entries will be in
    memory. The program ask if you would like to fix at next
    boot up. Reply yes

    It has an automatic backup so you can restore fixes.

    You'll also need to remove startup registry items also.
    Highjackthis is available free at:

    http://www.net-integration.net/index.php?

    They can help you with interpreting logs. Just follow
    their instructions. You can wait for their interpretation
    or you can look for 04 startup entries. I suggest you
    delete any software startup thats not store bought
    software.

Internet Explorer Internet Connection Windows XP