Missing file ntoskrnl.exe and can't boot up-

October 7, 2004 11:19:07 AM

Windows XP tells me that I am missing file ntoskrnl.exe (or, at least, this
message came up after hitting EVERY type of key at start up) Regardless, my
computer will not boot up. I start it up, the bios and all come up, it
recognizes my drives correctly, the black Windows XP Professional screen
comes up and right before my regular blue 'user' screen comes up, the
computer shuts down and restarts automatically, going through the same
motions and shutting down right after the black Windows XP screen. This goes
on continueously and I can never get to the blue Windows 'user' screen. I
tried rebooting with my Windows XP disc, to no avail. It won't even recognize
that the disc is in my cd-rom drive. I tried starting in safe mode and it
will not boot either. In fact, my 'f8' key will not do anything. I cannot
even get into any kind of a 'safe mode'. If I could at least sign on to the
computer, I could at least 'play' around with it and try to fix something. I
cannot even do that. Is there any way I can somehow boot up with the use of
something else or another program disc? Someone told me that purchasing
Norton System Works and using the disc at start up will boot me up. Is this
true?
October 7, 2004 11:43:06 AM

Change bios from boot drive c: to d: That should enable
your windows xp cd boot. I don't have windows xp cd but
thats what I read here.

I have norton systemworks 2003. Unfortunately, if you
have NTSF file structure, you can't boot up with it.

!