Configuring performance monitor alerts

I have a problem where services.exe takes up more than 70% of CPU usage for
about 30 secs or more. During that time I am unable to move my mouse or use
the keyboard. Is there a way to diagnose what services are making
services.exe shoot up so high? I was thinking of using performance monitor to
create an alert so that everytime servces.exe goes past 50% CPU usage it will
create a CSV log file. At the same I am thinking of using the command:
tasklist /S %computername% /SVC /FO CSV > C:\tasklist.csv under the Action
tab, so that everytime services.exe goes past the 50% CPU usage it will
create a csv file allowing me diagnose what services are running under
services.exe at that time. For "Alert when the value is:" how do I set it for
more than 50%? Also is there a better way of doing this? Thanks

Larry

Distinguished
Dec 31, 2007

services.exe is the Plug and Play service. But today
maleware is using microsoft service program names. To
determine if legitimate:
In windows task manager, in processes tab, the user name
heading should be system not your user name. If it is
your user name its in starup registry or startup
directory and its bogus.

If bogus and you want to remove:

1) Right click it and end process

2)Highjackthis is available free at:

http://www.net-integration.net/index.php?

Run scan look for 04 startup entries. Check the box where
services.exe is part of the pathname. Run fix