eq2 cheapest video card upgrade from geforce 4 ti?

I asked this before and since then have had a hard disk crash. :P

Can anyone recommend the next step up? I'm finding the lag really bad. I
have a gig ram, p4 - 3000. Also i find i have to reboot after playing eq2
for a while; it seems to do something weird to the colour balance (something
to do with gamma?). Either that, or the card or the monitor (nooo!) is
burning out.

Eski 13 brawler, 12 outfitter, still to make one decent backpack.
Antonia Bayle
2 answers Last reply
More about cheapest video card upgrade geforce

    I would have to say a GF FX 5200 would be the lowest cost to play EQ2 . I
    two box with one in my lower end PC, and a 6600GT in the better PC. Alot of
    times , the only difference I notice in the graphics is the grass / brush.
    If you get a 5200 may I suggest the 256mb version.
    As far as your color degradation, that may be from the GF4Ti trying to use
    DX9 drivers

    "kirn" <val12@comcast.net> wrote in

    > "dontemailme" <dontemailme@dontemailme.com> wrote in message
    >>I asked this before and since then have had a hard disk crash. :P
    >>
    >> Can anyone recommend the next step up? I'm finding the lag really
    >> bad. I have a gig ram, p4 - 3000. Also i find i have to reboot after
    >> playing eq2 for a while; it seems to do something weird to the colour
    >> balance (something to do with gamma?). Either that, or the card or
    >> the monitor (nooo!) is burning out.
    >>
    >> Eski 13 brawler, 12 outfitter, still to make one decent backpack.
    >> Antonia Bayle
    >
    > I would have to say a GF FX 5200 would be the lowest cost to play EQ2
    > . I two box with one in my lower end PC, and a 6600GT in the better
    > PC. Alot of times , the only difference I notice in the graphics is
    > the grass / brush. If you get a 5200 may I suggest the 256mb version.
    > As far as your color degradation, that may be from the GF4Ti trying to
    > use DX9 drivers

    Please don't toppost here.

    Do not get the 5200, you will regret it. It is actually slower than most
    of the GF4s. It does have better DX9 support than the 4s, but that is
    it's only advantage.

    The ATi 9800 Pro is a decent card for EQ2, the 128MB version works fine,
    and it's far better than the 5200.

    --
    On Erollisi Marr in <Sanctuary of Marr>

    On Steamfont in <Bane of Evil>