Help ID a phone...

Last response: in Network Providers
Share
November 30, 2004 6:47:10 AM

I saw a phone hanging on someone's belt from across the subway car... it
had a black window on the cover with some sort of bright blue flourescent
text scrolling across from right to left - like a ticker. I couldn't see
(was too far away) if this was a stock ticker scrolling or some other data
- from where I was it looked like it was about 3 or 4 lines of data. The
phone had the Verizon logo on it. Can anyone ID the phone model and the
VZW service this guy might be subscribing to that scrolls data across the
screen? Oh, I'm almost sure I saw a camera on the cover as well.

--
**** Please Remove "AT" from email address before replying ****
Joel Raskin | www.jraskin.com

More about : phone

Anonymous
November 30, 2004 6:47:11 AM

v710 i have one, there are different mods you can do to get text
scrolling on the outside screen.
November 30, 2004 9:43:30 PM

"maflinchbaugh" <matthew@flinchsoft.com> wrote in

> v710 i have one, there are different mods you can do to get text
> scrolling on the outside screen.

Hmmmmmm. Thanks for the phone ID.

I Googled v710 and each: Mod, Scroll, Ticker.... none came up with any
information related to a scrolling ticker. Can you point me in the right
direction? Does this require additional service (data?) besides a VZW
voice plan?

--
*** Please Remove "AT" from email address before replying ****
Joel Raskin | www.jraskin.com
December 3, 2004 2:41:34 AM

My guess would be an lg 6000

I believe it scrolls the time.

-Eric

"Joel" <jrAT@jraskin.com> wrote in message
>I saw a phone hanging on someone's belt from across the subway car... it
> had a black window on the cover with some sort of bright blue flourescent
> text scrolling across from right to left - like a ticker. I couldn't see
> (was too far away) if this was a stock ticker scrolling or some other data
> - from where I was it looked like it was about 3 or 4 lines of data. The
> phone had the Verizon logo on it. Can anyone ID the phone model and the
> VZW service this guy might be subscribing to that scrolls data across the
> screen? Oh, I'm almost sure I saw a camera on the cover as well.
>

> --
> **** Please Remove "AT" from email address before replying ****
> Joel Raskin | www.jraskin.com
December 3, 2004 11:27:36 PM

In article <Xns95B0E77F73F2joelraskinnyc@129.250.170.92>,
jrAT@jraskin.com says...
> I saw a phone hanging on someone's belt from across the subway car... it
> had a black window on the cover with some sort of bright blue flourescent
> text scrolling across from right to left - like a ticker. I couldn't see
> (was too far away) if this was a stock ticker scrolling or some other data
> - from where I was it looked like it was about 3 or 4 lines of data. The
> phone had the Verizon logo on it. Can anyone ID the phone model and the
> VZW service this guy might be subscribing to that scrolls data across the
> screen? Oh, I'm almost sure I saw a camera on the cover as well.

My LG 6000 has blue flourescent lettering and will scroll the date and
time across the front window. It also has some flashing colored lights
that flash different patterns for incoming/missed call, txt message
etc. I bought it because I could read the front screen well. Oh, and
the 6000 has a camera.....well, let's say it takes "pictures."

--

Drum-
!