Service Pack 2 - printing

bill

Since installing Service Pack 2, our connection to a
network printer has slowed down, to a point when
selecting the printer, it takes 30-45 seconds to
register, when before it was instant. Does anyone know if
this is a known problem, or what to do? The printer is a
Sharp ARC160 with a Fiery print controller.

I have narrowed it down to Service Pack 2, only because
the few people who haven't upgraded yet, have no problem.

Thanks

How to remotely administer a printer through a network share when you use Windows XP
Service Pack 2 in a workgroup environment
http://support.microsoft.com/default.aspx?scid=kb;en-us;870903&Product=windowsxpsp2

Troubleshooting Windows Firewall settings in Windows XP Service Pack 2
http://support.microsoft.com/default.aspx?scid=kb;en-us;875357&Product=windowsxpsp2

--
Carey Frisch
Microsoft MVP