XP + SP-2 Freezes-up

Hello,

I am using A Dell computer with XP (Home) and SP-2.
The computer will freeze-up on a regular basis, i.e.: the
cursor refuses to move and I have to hard-boot by turning
the power strip off & then re-boot.

This happens regardless of which program I am using
at the time. I have appx. 750M of ram and two hard drives
totaling 200G. This started to happen after installing
SP-2.

Any suggestions would be greatly appreciated!!

Thanks in advance...
1 answer Last reply
More about freezes

    "Drew Laurianti" <anonymous@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
    > Hello,
    >
    > I am using A Dell computer with XP (Home) and SP-2.
    > The computer will freeze-up on a regular basis, i.e.: the
    > cursor refuses to move and I have to hard-boot by turning
    > the power strip off & then re-boot.
    >
    > This happens regardless of which program I am using
    > at the time. I have appx. 750M of ram and two hard drives
    > totaling 200G. This started to happen after installing
    > SP-2.
    >
    > Any suggestions would be greatly appreciated!!
    >
    > Thanks in advance...

    Drew

    I'm also getting the Total Freeze Syndrome, but only (a) when I try to open
    one particulat app. and (b) when I try to get advice from the folks in this
    NG.
    Maybe I should try a different mouthwash...:>]

    I'll watch your thread, and hope.
    --
    Neddy Lad

    ---