XP + SP-2 Freezes-up

October 7, 2004 2:26:56 PM

Hello,

I am using A Dell computer with XP (Home) and SP-2.
The computer will freeze-up on a regular basis, i.e.: the
cursor refuses to move and I have to hard-boot by turning
the power strip off & then re-boot.

This happens regardless of which program I am using
at the time. I have appx. 750M of ram and two hard drives
totaling 200G. This started to happen after installing
SP-2.

Any suggestions would be greatly appreciated!!

Thanks in advance...

More about : freezes

Anonymous
October 8, 2004 12:29:41 AM

"Drew Laurianti" <anonymous@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> Hello,
>
> I am using A Dell computer with XP (Home) and SP-2.
> The computer will freeze-up on a regular basis, i.e.: the
> cursor refuses to move and I have to hard-boot by turning
> the power strip off & then re-boot.
>
> This happens regardless of which program I am using
> at the time. I have appx. 750M of ram and two hard drives
> totaling 200G. This started to happen after installing
> SP-2.
>
> Any suggestions would be greatly appreciated!!
>
> Thanks in advance...

Drew

I'm also getting the Total Freeze Syndrome, but only (a) when I try to open
one particulat app. and (b) when I try to get advice from the folks in this
NG.
Maybe I should try a different mouthwash...:>]

I'll watch your thread, and hope.
--
Neddy Lad

---