Sign in with
Your question

Which partition to set as active?

Last response: in Windows 7
September 29, 2010 1:30:52 AM

hi,i just built a pc for my very first time.i got a windows 7 iso edition from online,and i've tried to boot it to no avail.i've completely formatted the 2.5 western digital HDD that i want the windows 7 to install on,and i've installed the windows 7 iso edition to the firelite external HDD that connects via usb drive.

i want the external usb hdd to run windows 7 setup on my first build and have it install onto the western digital internal 2.5 sata HDD

do i set the partition on my internal HDD with no data as active? or do i set the external usb harddrive with windows 7 iso edition as active?

im confused here,please help me

More about : partition set active

a b $ Windows 7
September 29, 2010 8:25:29 AM

".i got a windows 7 iso edition from online,and i've tried to boot it to no avail." Is this a torrent download?
m
l
a b $ Windows 7
September 29, 2010 8:32:01 AM

What do you mean by "I've installed the Windows 7 iso edition..."? Just burn the .iso file to a DVD and install. When you bought the download this should have been explained to you. Call the retailer, or Mircrosoft, if you're still having problems - when you buy software you should expect a basic level of support.

Don't worry about what partition to make active - the install process will take care of that. If you don't really know what you're doing it's best not to mess about with things like that.
m
l
!