Application fails to initialize after SP2

Since applying SP2 I have just one application that is
causing a problem. With this application I get "The
application failed to initialize properly (0xc0000005).
Click on OK to terminate the application."
While I would expect a 'refer to vendor' response, I
would really like to know what has changed in SP2 to
cause this error.

From the event viewer link to the Help & Support Centre I
get;
"The program could not load a driver because the program
user doesn't have sufficient privileges to access the
driver or because the drive is missing or corrupt."

Any ideas? How do I find out which driver?

Thanks

Andy
3 answers Last reply
More about application fails initialize

    Is there a clue in the Application section of Event
    Viewer that might pinpoint the application that needs
    driver attention?

    Not a thing - but then I would not expect anythng as it
    did not load.

    Thanks

    Andy

    Have just come across an explanation of 'Software DEP' at
    http://www.microsoft.com/technet/prodtechnol/winxppro/maintain/sp2mempr.mspx.Also a condensed version in MS Knowledgebase article 875352.

    I won't be able to try it for a couple of days - I'll let you know.

    "AndyD" wrote:

    > Since applying SP2 I have just one application that is
    > causing a problem. With this application I get "The
    > application failed to initialize properly (0xc0000005).
    > Click on OK to terminate the application."
    > While I would expect a 'refer to vendor' response, I
    > would really like to know what has changed in SP2 to
    > cause this error.
    >
    > From the event viewer link to the Help & Support Centre I
    > get;
    > "The program could not load a driver because the program
    > user doesn't have sufficient privileges to access the
    > driver or because the drive is missing or corrupt."
    >
    > Any ideas? How do I find out which driver?
    >
    > Thanks
    >
    > Andy

Microsoft Windows XP