EQ1 - Faleniel of Darkwater for Enc epic 1.5

Working on Enchanter Epic 1.5 and need to do the Siren's Grotto piece.
I have so far found this in depth piece of information.

Head to Siren's Grotto in Velious to find and kill Faleniel of
Darkwater for the staff topper. (Faleniel: hits for about 2k,
permarooted, two ae's (slow & dd) two groupable easy)

What this doesn't tell me is how to find him/her. How bad are the AE
attacks. If its two groupable, are they time/ep groups or two groups
equiped with Ornate level stuff. Is there a good strategy to take in
the fight.

Any information you have would be appreciated. Links to maps and/or
walk throughs for the fight would be great. I am in a medium size
guild and getting a nice raid like this together takes some doing. I'd
like to be able to get the kill on first pass and getting repeat raids
if we get wiped bad will be hard. Especially as we bleed people to EQ2
or WOW.

Thanks in Advance,

Ken

On Sat, 27 Nov 2004 06:11:37 -0500, Ken Cobb <jkcobb@comcast.net>
wrote:

>Working on Enchanter Epic 1.5 and need to do the Siren's Grotto piece.
>I have so far found this in depth piece of information.
>
>Head to Siren's Grotto in Velious to find and kill Faleniel of
>Darkwater for the staff topper. (Faleniel: hits for about 2k,
>permarooted, two ae's (slow & dd) two groupable easy)
>
>What this doesn't tell me is how to find him/her. How bad are the AE
>attacks. If its two groupable, are they time/ep groups or two groups
>equiped with Ornate level stuff. Is there a good strategy to take in
>the fight.
>
>Any information you have would be appreciated. Links to maps and/or
>walk throughs for the fight would be great. I am in a medium size
>guild and getting a nice raid like this together takes some doing. I'd
>like to be able to get the kill on first pass and getting repeat raids
>if we get wiped bad will be hard. Especially as we bleed people to EQ2
>or WOW.
>
>Thanks in Advance,
>
>Ken

Nobody has any information on this? Any help would be greatly
appreciated?

Ken

Ken Cobb <jkcobb@comcast.net> wrote:
>>Head to Siren's Grotto in Velious to find and kill Faleniel of
>>Darkwater for the staff topper. (Faleniel: hits for about 2k,
>>permarooted, two ae's (slow & dd) two groupable easy)
>>
>>What this doesn't tell me is how to find him/her.

Siren Temple, down the well. If that's not sufficient, you're going to need
to do some exploring or find someone who knows the zone. Get a group
and go a-killing until you find her. She's somewhat near where the
Inscribable Pages drop, so anyone working VP quests are likely to want to
join you.

>>If its two groupable, are they time/ep groups or two groups equiped with
>>Ornate level stuff.

Depends on more than gear. AAs and group mix is vital too. A healer-heavy
well-AAd, GoD/MPG-equipped 10 who work together very well could perhaps
take her. If you're in ornate-level equipment, with few AAs, not enough spot
healers, and don't know each other very well, you might need 25 people.

And of course, more people means more miscommunication and chance for someone
to make a mistake and wipe the raid. Think of it as similar to killing a
tower named in BoThunder. If those are cake to you, you'll do fine. If
they're beyond you, you'll have a hard time.

>> Is there a good strategy to take in the fight.

Kill, heal, heal AE. Straight-up fight, in theory. I don't know if this is
part of the enounter or if our group was just dumb, but, we got a BUNCH of
siren adds, perhaps 25 from repops around the temple and funny pathing.
Word of Morell (with mez mastery) and Bliss of the Nihil kept them locked
down though, with only one enchanter (in elemental/KT gear, but 250AAs).

Good luck!
--
Mark Rafn dagon@dagon.net <http://www.dagon.net/>

Ken Cobb <jkcobb@comcast.net> wrote:
: On Sat, 27 Nov 2004 06:11:37 -0500, Ken Cobb <jkcobb@comcast.net>
: wrote:

: >
[...]

Fal is down the well in SG in the Siren temple where Elna Kelpweaver
lives.