I have lost the My Pictures folder from my machine, I
can't just create a new directory and make new shortcuts
to it, as it was a system folder and had extra
properties, any ideas on how to retrieve/recreate it?

Thanks

from...
http://www.kellys-korner-xp.com/xp_s.htm

Question: One of my special folders (e.g. My Documents, My Music, My
Pictures, Shared Documents, etc) has lost its name, lost its icon, or has
the wrong Task Pane template, how can I get it back?

Answer: This problem can occur if the hidden desktop.ini file in the special
folder is corrupt or missing. Here are the steps to fix this problem:
Illustrated, detailed instructions here:
http://computers.douglasthrift.net/winxpfaq.html#faq3

--
Hope this helps. Let us know.
Wes

In news:237201c4aca3$c150c800$a601280a@phx.gbl,
Lawrence Mallinson <lawrence@outreach3way.org> hunted and pecked:
> I have lost the My Pictures folder from my machine, I
> can't just create a new directory and make new shortcuts
> to it, as it was a system folder and had extra
> properties, any ideas on how to retrieve/recreate it?
>
> Thanks

Adding to Wes:

To rebuild My Pictures folder, and it's special icon: Type this command in
Start/ Run

rundll32 mydocs.dll,PerUserInit

--
Ramesh, MS-MVP XP Shell/UI
http://www.mvps.org/sramesh2k

"Lawrence Mallinson" <lawrence@outreach3way.org> wrote in message
I have lost the My Pictures folder from my machine, I
can't just create a new directory and make new shortcuts
to it, as it was a system folder and had extra
properties, any ideas on how to retrieve/recreate it?

Thanks

TRENDING THREADS