Error message

For some reason Flash Player disappeared from my
computer. When I try to download it again this is what
I get: Your current security settings prohibit running
Active X controls on this page.
What do I do? I can't even log in to hotmail.com
2 answers Last reply
More about error message

    Try re-registering the following .dll files
    Softpub.dll
    Wintrust.dll
    Initpki.dll
    Urlmon.dll

    1. Click Start >Run and type
    regsvr32 Softpub.dll
    Click okay to register it
    You should get a dialog box telling you that it was successful.
    2. Repeat the process for the other .dll files.
    3. Restart your computer and try the update site again.

    if the above doesn't help -
    http://www.jsiinc.com/SUBD/tip1500/rh1525.htm
    Your security settings prohibit running ActiveX controls on this page.
    http://www.virtualmachine.tk/
    Note: Versions 5.00.3809 & 5.00.3810 are Security Fixes for version 5.00.3805.
    Download and Install version 5.00.3805 (full version) first before installing the
    upgrade(s).
    Run the installation check which is available on the side of the page.
    Sun version:
    http://java.sun.com/getjava/index.html

    http://support.microsoft.com/default.aspx?scid=kb;[LN];174360
    How to Use Security Zones in Internet Explorer

    "Haermoni" <haermoni@hotmail.com> wrote in message
    > For some reason Flash Player disappeared from my
    > computer. When I try to download it again this is what
    > I get: Your current security settings prohibit running
    > Active X controls on this page.
    > What do I do? I can't even log in to hotmail.com

    Very, very, very, very helpful. I searched the internet far and wide of the
    solution. This is the one that works. Thanks so much! I didn't even have
    to restart but of course you should anyway!

Error Message Windows XP