Dual P3 Server board questions

tdean

Distinguished
May 4, 2001
i was given a dual p3 board w/scsi capabilities, but is running 10gb ide drive. in another system i was given, i have two scsi drives. i would like to combine the two. my first question is, can i runn the two scsi drives and the ide drives? and second, would a dual p3 450mhz make a decent game server for a small lan?

...and i would have gotten away with it, if it weren't for you meddling kids...

tdean

Distinguished
May 4, 2001
thanks crash, i have one more question though. the board is an asus P28-DS and im trying to oc it. the multiplier is at 3.5 right now and when i bump it up to 4 and even 4.5 it is still being reported as P3 450's. i am running nt server right now. am i doing something wrong to your knowledge?

tdean

Distinguished
May 4, 2001
oops, at closer look its an asus P2B-DS, not P28-DS.

Crashman

Polypheme
Former Staff
The multiplier in permanently internally locked at 4.5x. Which gives you 4.5x100=450. You need to raise you bus speed in order to overclock. I hear reports that Asus's latest BIOS has FSB adjustment in it for up to 133, even though jumpers only support up to 112MHz (better to adjust in BIOS anyway).

Back to you Tom...

tdean

Distinguished
May 4, 2001
ooohh yeah.... duh, i should have remembered that. anyway, thanks again, i will be looking into the bios upgrade.