Jim

Every time i re-boot my computer, the following error
mesage appears - Microsoft Internet Explorer - Error
2011

This Paginates it requires Controls ActiveX to be shown
in their entireity. Press to accept. When I press ok,
nothing happenings, after clicking on the x in the upper
right hand corner several times, the message disappears
only yo come back a few seconds later. I have contacted
my pc manufacturer for help and they tell me that it is a
corrput ActiveX Program and I need to go to Windows udate
for a fix. I have been to Windows Update numerous times
and can find no fix for this. What is causing this and
how do I get rid of it....... Can anybody help me please?

Larry

Distinguished
Dec 31, 2007

I noticed you didn't include virus and
spyware\maleware scans for those free downloads
to help with everything they promise but don't
tell you about startup programs and registry
items that fool with your pc.

1) If you don't have reliable spyware/maleware
removal, you can get it with spybot free at :

http://www.net-integration.net/index.php?page=sp
ybotsd#clean

I suggest you run the spybot scan. It will run
awhile. When finished ,clean recommended. Some
entries will be in memory. The program ask if
you would like to fix at next boot up. Reply yes

It has an automatic backup so you can restore
fixes.

2) You'll also need to remove startup registry
items after running spybot. Highjackthis is

available free at:

http://www.net-integration.net/index.php?

They can help you with interpreting logs. Just
follow their instructions. You can wait for
their interpretation or you can look for 04
startup entries. I suggest you delete any
software startup thats not store bought
software.

If you don't have virus protection, Symantec
test your computer's exposer to online threats.
http://security.symantec.com/sscv6/default.asp?l
angid=ie&venid=sym

I suggest you get virus protection, or your
asking for trouble.