sp2 lock up during boot

Ever since I installed sp2 my pc freezes during boot up
if the automatic update feature is turned on. If I turn
off the auto update it boots normally every time.

any ideas?

thanks
1 answer Last reply
More about lock boot

    Many people have been experiencing problems with SP2. I
    did. Once it was removed all ran well again. It has
    been confirmed by senior IT people that you can probably
    do without it. I am waiting until MS fixs the main
    issues.

Boot Microsoft Windows XP