EQ2 PC spec

Now that EQ2 is up and running

could anyone tell me if they think the following PC would be able to run
it

Athlon 1800 XP
512Mb Memory
GeForce 4600 SE
Directx 9.0b

Thanks in Advance

--
Abaric .............. 54th Paladin (Eq1)
9 answers Last reply

    On Sat, 27 Nov 2004 12:26:01 +0000, Matt Simons
    <MattNewsGroup@NOSPAM.demon.co.uk> wrote:

    >Now that EQ2 is up and running
    >
    >could anyone tell me if they think the following PC would be able to run
    >it
    >
    >Athlon 1800 XP
    >512Mb Memory
    >GeForce 4600 SE
    >Directx 9.0b
    >
    >Thanks in Advance

    I had an almost identical system until 2 days ago and it was VERY
    painful. The biggest drawback to that system is the 512MB RAM. If you
    upgrade it to 1GB it will do just fine.

    Oh, and you have to have DirectX 9.0c. You can get it here:

    http://tinyurl.com/3jptx

    --
    Daudr
    Kerra Bard of Antonia Bayle

    Matt Simons wrote:
    > Now that EQ2 is up and running
    >
    > could anyone tell me if they think the following PC would be able to
    > run it
    >
    > Athlon 1800 XP
    > 512Mb Memory
    > GeForce 4600 SE
    > Directx 9.0b
    >
    > Thanks in Advance

    I can tell you right now you'll want to get another half-gig of memory, at
    least.

    The game will run with a half, but just barely, in my experience--ant it's
    way too aggravating to put up with for very long, even if you play at the
    lowest detail levels.

    --
    chainbreaker

    "chainbreaker" <noone@nowhere.com> wrote in message news:<coa5p401ajb@news4.newsguy.com>...
    > Matt Simons wrote:
    > > Now that EQ2 is up and running
    > >
    > > could anyone tell me if they think the following PC would be able to
    > > run it
    > >
    > > Athlon 1800 XP
    > > 512Mb Memory
    > > GeForce 4600 SE
    > > Directx 9.0b
    > >
    > > Thanks in Advance
    >
    > I can tell you right now you'll want to get another half-gig of memory, at
    > least.
    >
    > The game will run with a half, but just barely, in my experience--ant it's
    > way too aggravating to put up with for very long, even if you play at the
    > lowest detail levels.

    That video card is most likely the bare minimum you need to run EQ2.
    You'll have to run it in the lowest setting, but doable.
    The sweet spot for memory as others have said is 1GB.
    The CPU... might want to put an upgrade on your xmas list. :)

    On Sat, 27 Nov 2004 12:26:01 +0000, Matt Simons
    <MattNewsGroup@NOSPAM.demon.co.uk> wrote:

    >Now that EQ2 is up and running
    >
    >could anyone tell me if they think the following PC would be able to run
    >it
    >
    >Athlon 1800 XP
    >512Mb Memory
    >GeForce 4600 SE
    >Directx 9.0b
    >
    >Thanks in Advance

    Run? Yes.

    My brother started playing on a computer with slightly less stats than
    yours. He's since upgraded his memory, which improves so many things
    (lag, load times, etc).

    The game won't look as pretty as the pictures with that vid card, but
    try it and see how much you can push it. I'd get more memory though.

    --sugarman--

    On Sat, 27 Nov 2004 12:26:01 +0000, Matt Simons
    <MattNewsGroup@NOSPAM.demon.co.uk> wrote:

    >Now that EQ2 is up and running
    >
    >could anyone tell me if they think the following PC would be able to run
    >it
    >
    >Athlon 1800 XP
    >512Mb Memory
    >GeForce 4600 SE
    >Directx 9.0b
    >
    >Thanks in Advance

    I'm running with Win ME, Athlon 1.0 ghz, 512mb memory, ATI 9600,
    Directx 9.0c. I have virtually all the settings turned to maximum
    performance. Works ok if there are very few players around. In the
    cities it turns into a slide show (maybe one screen update every 2-3
    seconds) and is pretty much unplayable. However, zoning actually
    seems pretty reasonable, at least no worse than zoning in EQ1.

    Based on the comments of lots of folks here I have 1 gb of memory on
    order and am hoping that it makes the cities at least playable, or
    else I guess I'm back to EQ 1 until I get the plat for a new comp :(

    I am running with an Athalon XP 2500 Barton, the game was really slow with
    only 512Mb of ram. I ran out yesterday and got an extra stick of 512Mb and
    stuck it in. It made all the difference.

    "M" <m@m.m> wrote in message
    > I am running with an Athalon XP 2500 Barton, the game was really slow with
    > only 512Mb of ram. I ran out yesterday and got an extra stick of 512Mb
    and
    > stuck it in. It made all the difference.

    I can't wait until I get some more ram =) unfortunately I have to order
    rambus for my dell,, so not sure what the price will be.

    I did start my citizenship quest but the lag was a real shocker so decided
    to create another character in the meantime.
    Tradeskilling on the Isle of Refuge until further notice...hehehe

    Pamela Carlton wrote:
    > "M" <m@m.m> wrote in message
    >> I am running with an Athalon XP 2500 Barton, the game was really
    >> slow with only 512Mb of ram. I ran out yesterday and got an extra
    >> stick of 512Mb and stuck it in. It made all the difference.
    >>

    > I can't wait until I get some more ram =) unfortunately I have to
    > order rambus for my dell,, so not sure what the price will be.

    $200 US for two 256mb sticks of PC1066. No more of that for this pup.
    --
    chainbreaker

Games Geforce Directx Video Games Product