My screen freezes AND ALARM

my screen freezes AND THE ALARM SOUNDS and I have to turn the computer off &
on again to get it going again I want to know WHY this keeps happening and by
turning the computer off like this all the time is any harm being done to it.
I want to know HOW to repair it easily and how do I PREVENT this. I have
antivirus and I am up to date with updates.
2 answers Last reply
More about screen freezes alarm

    "sara" <sara@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
    > my screen freezes AND THE ALARM SOUNDS and I have to turn the computer off
    > &
    > on again to get it going again I want to know WHY this keeps happening and
    > by
    > turning the computer off like this all the time is any harm being done to
    > it.
    > I want to know HOW to repair it easily and how do I PREVENT this. I have
    > antivirus and I am up to date with updates.

    Many motherboards have an overheating alarm. If it's that, you'll have to
    fix whatever the problem is, possibly a fan that quit working.

    "D.Currie" wrote:

    > "sara" <sara@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
    > > my screen freezes AND THE ALARM SOUNDS and I have to turn the computer off
    > > &
    > > on again to get it going again I want to know WHY this keeps happening and
    > > by
    > > turning the computer off like this all the time is any harm being done to
    > > it.
    > > I want to know HOW to repair it easily and how do I PREVENT this. I have
    > > antivirus and I am up to date with updates.
    > >

    > Many motherboards have an overheating alarm. If it's that, you'll have to
    > fix whatever the problem is, possibly a fan that quit working.
    >
    > thanks for your reply I have had the fan looked at and it was ok
    could it be anything else? Or could it be the fan anyway? The screen
    goes black at the same time and sometimes when ending a session the
    screen says ending programme saving your settings..... what do think?
    thanks sara

Computers Microsoft Windows XP