Need For Speed: The Run tread

Last response: in Video Games
September 28, 2011 1:38:00 AM

Anything About the game put it here like this video:

More about : speed run tread

September 28, 2011 2:05:18 AM

Score
September 28, 2011 8:25:15 AM

From what I've heard, the game is gonna be somewhat like Most Wanted as regards gameplay. If that is true, it would be a good title from the NFS stable after ages! I just hope it is.
Score
Related resources
September 28, 2011 8:57:55 AM

The idea of "making the run for your life" sounds intriguing, maybe some new spark in NFS series? I am certainly gonna grab this one.
Score
September 28, 2011 1:37:37 PM

As picky as it sounds, I won't pick up the game unless it's fully compatible with my Logitech G25 Wheel and full clutch features. Otherwise, any racing games (such as previous NFS) become way to arcade-like.

As much as I hate to say it (because it's the buggiest game ever), TDU2 has, at least, features to make my G25/G27 wheel work...so I ended up buying that game.
Score
September 28, 2011 1:40:09 PM

Alex The PC Gamer said:
As picky as it sounds, I won't pick up the game unless it's fully compatible with my Logitech G25 Wheel and full clutch features. Otherwise, any racing games (such as previous NFS) become way to arcade-like.

As much as I hate to say it (because it's the buggiest game ever), TDU2 has, at least, features to make my G25/G27 wheel work...so I ended up buying that game.

I hope for you, it will work, but you know, NFS games have always been on the "arcade" side, they're not really driving sims.
Score
September 29, 2011 1:33:08 AM

Eldd said:
I hope for you, it will work, but you know, NFS games have always been on the "arcade" side, they're not really driving sims.

Right like there motto say "Real cars real fast". I think i'm looking forward to this game didn't buy shift 2 unleashed because I don't like driving sims that much plus I didn't have any money for that game. Hot pursuit was good but we did get any of the cars that was on the 360 and PS3 a real let down. :(  :cry: 

Anyway here another video

Score
September 29, 2011 6:51:24 AM

It's been a long time since I stopped believing in EA's mottos. I never bought Shift, or Shift 2, I only got to try those games for a while at a friend's. My impression was that EA really stepped into unknown territory when they tackled driving sims' market, and they never really found their way in there. So I'd rather have a good arcade from them, than another driving sim.
Score
September 30, 2011 12:16:59 AM

Eldd said:
It's been a long time since I stopped believing in EA's mottos. I never bought Shift, or Shift 2, I only got to try those games for a while at a friend's. My impression was that EA really stepped into unknown territory when they tackled driving sims' market, and they never really found their way in there. So I'd rather have a good arcade from them, than another driving sim.

I bought shift but I didn't buy shift 2 and your right they need to stick to arcade racing not racing sims leave that for GT and froza.
Score
September 30, 2011 5:40:04 AM

I never played Forza as I do not own a console, but that game looks good. But I did try the Simbin's sims, and they're very good indeed.
Score
September 30, 2011 6:15:29 AM

Definitely in agreement! NFS and arcade just don't make a happy couple! NFS was always about fast pace and a good story. I bought Shift 1 and just didn't like it. Even pro street for that matter, just didn't work for me. Most Wanted and Carbon on the other hand, WOW!! So much so, even that I've played it on the PC but if they were to release it on the PS3, I'd buy it again!
Score
September 30, 2011 7:44:28 AM

namelessonez said:
Definitely in agreement! NFS and arcade just don't make a happy couple! NFS was always about fast pace and a good story. I bought Shift 1 and just didn't like it. Even pro street for that matter, just didn't work for me. Most Wanted and Carbon on the other hand, WOW!! So much so, even that I've played it on the PC but if they were to release it on the PS3, I'd buy it again!

True, I also think Most Wanted and Carbon were amongst the best releases in the series. I am still giving those a spin, once in a while.
Score
September 30, 2011 11:31:33 AM

Run to a New Porsche: Win a 2012 Porsche 911 Carrera S!

The 2012 Porsche 911 Carrera S has been officially unveiled and Need for Speed is giving you exclusive access. And here's your chance to drive away with the real-life car. Go to http://www.needforspeed.com/therun/porschecontest to enter the contest.

Score
September 30, 2011 11:34:37 AM

I think Most wanted is the best.
Carbon just didn't feel good enough for me. The story was okay, gameplay and graphics too, but I just felt that NFS MW was much better.
Also, I didn't like the racing gameplay in Hot pursuit 2010. The earlier ones, such as the ones in Undercover was good.
One defect that I'd like to point in the most wanted is the auto brakes. :) 
Score
October 2, 2011 1:18:27 AM

Gman450 said:
I think Most wanted is the best.
Carbon just didn't feel good enough for me. The story was okay, gameplay and graphics too, but I just felt that NFS MW was much better.
Also, I didn't like the racing gameplay in Hot pursuit 2010. The earlier ones, such as the ones in Undercover was good.
One defect that I'd like to point in the most wanted is the auto brakes. :) 

"ones in Undercover was good?" Undercover was one of the worse NFS game ever made how could you say that?
Score
October 2, 2011 3:37:03 AM

Did you not read my post correctly?
I said the racing gameplay. Not the story or overall. The handling of the cars was good in undercover.
Quote:
racing gameplay in Hot pursuit 2010. The earlier ones, such as the ones in Undercover was good.

Score
October 2, 2011 5:01:49 PM

i have to agree with gman , ive played all the NFS games from NFS SE 2 and i have to say that most wanted is the best with carbon coming at a close second and HP 2010 bagging third.

i just hope run will be better , because the storyline sounds much , better , something like from fast and furious.
Score
October 2, 2011 5:16:59 PM

It's using FrostBite 2.0, so I really am into this game.

Yeah, the plot seems too straight, but let's hope it's a good release. :) 
Score
October 3, 2011 6:27:38 PM

Gman450 said:
Did you not read my post correctly?
I said the racing gameplay. Not the story or overall. The handling of the cars was good in undercover.
Quote:
racing gameplay in Hot pursuit 2010. The earlier ones, such as the ones in Undercover was good.

I did read read it. I'm responding to the back part of your comment. Man you must have played NFS: UC on the console on the PC it sucked eggs with a two second Steering delay in the game.
Score
October 3, 2011 6:33:46 PM

Gman450 said:
It's using FrostBite 2.0, so I really am into this game.

Yeah, the plot seems too straight, but let's hope it's a good release. :) 

Well I Just finish paying off for my pre-order of the game today what say you? Be the way what is FrostBite anyway?
Score
October 3, 2011 6:48:33 PM

Frostbite's the game engine; the same as the one used in Battlefield, as the game is also developed by DICE.
Score
October 5, 2011 4:54:28 AM

Eldd said:
Frostbite's the game engine; the same as the one used in Battlefield, as the game is also developed by DICE.

Oh ok see.

Need For Speed The Run Demo Trailer

Announcing the Need For Speed The Run Demo October 18th!

Check out www.NeedForSpeedTheRun.com for more info!

Score
October 5, 2011 12:33:03 PM

ITsonic said:
I did read read it. I'm responding to the back part of your comment. Man you must have played NFS: UC on the console on the PC it sucked eggs with a two second Steering delay in the game.

LOL true.
Quote:
Well I Just finish paying off for my pre-order of the game today what say you? Be the way what is FrostBite anyway?

I don't usually pre-order, although I have pre-ordered for Batman Arkham City. I'll just get this one from the stores when it releases. :) 
Frostbite 2.0 is the game engine. The same engine that DICE is using for Battlefield 3. :) 
Score
October 5, 2011 3:49:07 PM

These days I am afraid to pre-order mostly anything, too many promises and just as many letdowns lately.
Score
October 5, 2011 9:22:33 PM

Eldd said:
These days I am afraid to pre-order mostly anything, too many promises and just as many letdowns lately.

Yeah I hear you.
Score
October 5, 2011 9:45:37 PM

Gman450 said:
LOL true.
Quote:

I don't usually pre-order, although I have pre-ordered for Batman Arkham City. I'll just get this one from the stores when it releases. :) 
Frostbite 2.0 is the game engine. The same engine that DICE is using for Battlefield 3. :) 

I went to DICE's website and found out for myself. It's pretty interesting how they tell you how it works.
Score
October 6, 2011 2:01:39 PM

ITsonic said:
I went to DICE's website and found out for myself. It's pretty interesting how they tell you how it works.

That's what id Software did... they told us how it would work, for their newest fail, Rage, and it didn't actually work. And it still doesn't. So... no, no pre-ordering here. Not these days.
Score
October 6, 2011 3:18:24 PM

I heard a lot about Rage's glitches, stuttering problems etc. Are all games from Bathesda like this? Full of glitches?
Score
October 6, 2011 3:54:21 PM

Gman450 said:
I heard a lot about Rage's glitches, stuttering problems etc. Are all games from Bathesda like this? Full of glitches?

Apparently. I cannot name one game, from what they've published/developed, and I got to play, that didn't have pretty nasty glitches and/or bugs. Let's wait for Skyrim...
Score
October 6, 2011 3:56:29 PM

Right now, I wouldn't be surprised if it's full of glitches as well..
Score
October 6, 2011 4:06:47 PM

Gman450 said:
Right now, I wouldn't be surprised if it's full of glitches as well..

To be honest, the one and only game I am waiting for right now is Bioshock Infinite. And sorry for derailing the thread.
Score
October 6, 2011 4:10:22 PM

Batman Arkham City is the one I'm waiting for. And Assassins Creed revelation.
Sorry I added more coal to the engine...
Score
October 6, 2011 4:14:30 PM

Gman450 said:
Batman Arkham City is the one I'm waiting for. And Assassins Creed revelation.
Sorry I added more coal to the engine...

Oh, yes, those too, especially AC Revelation. Taking a look at Arkham City, I might try that one too; didn't play the first Batman, did I miss much? Should I play that one?

Speaking of coal to the engine...

/sigh
Score
October 6, 2011 5:03:07 PM

Arkham Asylum?
Well, this is a sequel, I guess you should really try the first one to get to know this one better. You'll be more comfortable with the gameplay anyways. The combat in Arkham Asylum was something that I got really addicted to! It's really a fun way. The boss battles on the other hand are quite repetitive and sometimes boring. But overall, it's a must play for any gamer. :) 

And yeah, we're drfting away from the thread, where are we now captain?
Score
October 6, 2011 5:59:27 PM

From NFS-planet

NFS The Run: System Requirements

The official system requirements of the PC version of Need for Speed: The Run has been announced. You will need the following minimum specs to run the game:

Minimum System Requirements (PC)
DirectX: DirectX 10
CPU: 2.4 GHz Intel Core 2 Duo or equal AMD
Memory: 3 GB
HDD: 18 GB
Graphics (AMD): 512 MB RAM ATI Radeon 4870 or better
Graphics (NVIDIA): 512 MB RAM NVIDIA GeForce 9800 GT or better
Sound: DirectX compatible
Input: Keyboard, Gamepad or Wheel
DVD Rom
Online: 512 KBPS Internet connection or better

Recommended System Requirements (PC)
DirectX: DirectX 11
CPU: 3.0 GHz Intel Core 2 Quad or equal AMD
Memory: 4 GB
HDD: 18 GB
Graphics (AMD): 1024 MB RAM ATI Radeon 6950
Graphics (NVIDIA): 1024 MB RAM NVIDIA GeForce GTX560
Sound: DirectX compatible
Input: Keyboard, Gamepad or Wheel
DVD Rom
Online: 512 KBPS Internet connection or better
Score
October 6, 2011 6:02:20 PM

Ooo... 6950 from ATI... that's the Frostbite 2.0 in action right there.
Score
October 6, 2011 6:05:50 PM

Need For Speed The Run "On The Edge" Trailer

www.NeedForSpeedTheRun.com

Leaving Colorado means one thing, traveling down the Million Dollar Highway. Steep cliffs, hairpin curves, narrow lanes and a lack of guardrails make this route hazardous to even the safest drivers. But with $25 million at stake and your life on the line, being safe is the last priority. You have to thread through traffic and pass your rivals at 10,000 feet, but racing on the edge means being fearless and aggressive.

Score
October 6, 2011 6:11:00 PM

Eldd said:
Ooo... 6950 from ATI... that's the Frostbite 2.0 in action right there.

I'm out, I think?
Score
October 7, 2011 4:13:37 AM

Woah, that is a big requirement we've got here. HD 6950?
Score
October 7, 2011 6:08:26 AM

Quad Core @ 3.0....yowsa!!! Isn't that a bit too demanding??

And yes, Batman: Arkham Asylum is certainly a must play! Eldd, if you don't like it, you can change my name (but then I don't really have one here, do I!!;)) Seriously, I'm sure you'll like it.

Ok, I'm done derailing this post. :D 
Score
October 7, 2011 1:03:41 PM

Gman450 said:
Woah, that is a big requirement we've got here. HD 6950?

They could have said the HD 5000 for the Recommended System Requirements I just built my Mid-range PC this summer now I won't be about to play it, I almost started to cry when I saw this.
namelessonez said:

And yes, Batman: Arkham Asylum is certainly a must play! Eldd, if you don't like it, you can change my name (but then I don't really have one here, do I!!;)) Seriously, I'm sure you'll like it.

It's of the Frostbite game engine that why it so demanding.
Score
October 7, 2011 4:14:41 PM

namelessonez said:

All right, I got my Batman: Arkham Asylum today... it's looking good, gameplay feels solid and immersive, amazing 1080 graphics, I don't regret getting it. Thanks for recommendations, Gman450 and namelessonez :) 

As for NFS: The Run, I will almost certainly play it, just not into pre-ordering now. But it looks more than interesting in my book, and the gameplay sounds like a good promise, a bit off the usual gameplay style from NFS series, but heck! that could prove to be a good thing.
Score
October 7, 2011 6:37:10 PM

And since this is a NFS-themed thread, just a thought: I think that NFS Most Wanted might be the best looking to date, in 1080p resolution. It's still stunning. And very good gameplay.
Score
October 8, 2011 12:00:07 AM

Eldd said:
And since this is a NFS-themed thread, just a thought: I think that NFS Most Wanted might be the best looking to date, in 1080p resolution. It's still stunning. And very good gameplay.

you bet it is.
Score
October 8, 2011 4:00:13 AM

Totally agree on that. It's all got to do with the game's setting. It's evening.
Score
October 11, 2011 1:26:27 AM

From NFS-planet

NFS The Run: Jack wears adidas Originals

EA teamed up with adidas Originals and will provide a Limited Edition of adidas Originals sneakers, worn by the main character Jack in Need for Speed The Run

Additionally adidas creates a The Run collection of t-shirts, hoodies, track jackets. From the Limited Edition Sneakers there will be only 100 made, so to get your hands on these special shoes, you have to come to one of the adidas promotional events in North America.

Score
October 11, 2011 11:31:05 AM

You're doing a good job on updating. :) 
Score
October 11, 2011 3:58:16 PM

Gman450 said:
You're doing a good job on updating. :) 

Thanks.
Score
October 13, 2011 10:20:05 PM

I know It in german.

Need for Speed The Run - Fahre die heißesten Wagen

http://www.needforspeed.de/therun In Need for Speed The Run fährst du einige der heißesten Wagen des Planeten. Vom Pagani Huayra über den Lamborghini Aventador bis zum Aston Martin One-77 hast du und dein Alter Ego Jack niemals einen Mangel an Kraft und Geschwindigkeit bei diesem hochriskanten, illegalen Überlandrennen zu befürchten.

Die Demo für Xbox 360 und Playstation 3 ist ab 18./19. Oktober verfügbar!

Need for Speed The Run erscheint am 17.11.2011 für PS3, PC, Nintendo 3DS, Wii und Xbox 360

Für weitere Infos folge uns auf Facebook und bei Twitter!
http://www.facebook.com/needforspeed.de
http://www.twitter.com/ea_nfs_de

English version
Need for Speed ​​The Run - Race the hottest cars

Need for Speed ​​The Run you drive some of the hottest cars on the planet. From Pagani Huayra on the Lamborghini Aventador to Aston Martin One-77 you and your alter ego Jack never have a shortage of power and speed in this high-risk, illegal cross country race to be feared.

The demo for Xbox 360 and Playstation 3 is from 18/19. Available in October!

Need for Speed ​​The Run will be issued on 17.11.2011 for PS3, PC, Nintendo 3DS, Wii and Xbox 360

For more info follow us on Facebook and Twitter!

http://www.facebook.com/needforspeed.de
http://www.twitter.com/ea_nfs_de

Score
October 13, 2011 11:50:32 PM

Ill keep an eye on this one. Been playing NFS games since the second one came out. Stopped caring about them once they changed there style to closed circuit. It started off as arcade games and should of stayed that way. I like driving sims but it doesn't feel right for NFS. Need For Speed 3: Hot Pursuit and Most Wanted BE will remain my favorites out of the franchise.
Score
!