What is a good MB for a 1.1 ghz AMD Antlon CPU

G

Howdy, Can someone please tell me what is a good non VIA Chipset MB for my AMD anthlon cpu? I can't seem to fix my usb problems with my abit kt-7 VIA chipset mb. Is there a mb that will solve that problem?

Thanks

Mudd

Abitols

Distinguished
May 26, 2001
I recomend you the ECS K7S5A (SIS 735 chipset). The ABIT KG7 is an excellent MB too, but uses the VIA 686B southbridge. The advantage of the first one is that you can continue to use your SDRAM memory, but of course, that way you won't get the maximum performance.
However, if I were you I'd wait for a new MB with the new VIA KT266A chipset - top performance. It's a different chipset and the usb problems may be solved.

Stick_e_Mouse

Distinguished
Jun 28, 2001
The ECS K7S5A uses the very stable and fast SIS 735 chipset. Be warned, however, that the ECS currently does not have many overclocking features (it might change with new BIOS releases). If you want an overclocking board using the SIS 735 chipset, you might want to wait for the Asus A7S266.

See a real naked pic of Britney Spears <A HREF="http://www.geocities.com/stick_e_mouse" target="_new">here</A>!!!