xkwizt

Distinguished
May 26, 2005
ive got a little prob :(
i was running CHKDSK on my comp and it was taking long so i cancelled it by doing soft off. then when i restarted my comp wierd things started happening that werent happenening b4
when i listen to music and run a program the music becomes distorted, but wen the program loads up the music goes back fine
my burner buffers wouldnt stay above 95% which they ALWAYS did before
and if i play a game and do sumfing else it wouldnt lag but it would freeze at an interval like every 3 secs it would freeze and go back to normal
then last night i ran CHKDSK again and let it finish completely, then i defragged the drive and it that didnt fix anything. all and any help is greatly appreciated :D

Help Me, Help You

sturm

Splendid
check in the system properites/ hardware / device manager tab then under ide ata controllers and make sure the drive is running in dma mode and not pio mode. had this happen to my dvd rom one time drove me nuts trying to figure it out.

Or it could be the drive is dying. ugh

xkwizt

Distinguished
May 26, 2005
....im speechless... words cant explain how much i i i i i cant explain it THANK YOU THANK YOU THANK YOU. Ultra DMA Mode 2 is soo fasttt :D:D:D:D:D:D love it