Defrag after installing sp2

After installing sp2 I am not able to run the defrag. It comes up with a
warning that diskdefragmentor could not start. It worked fine before
installing sp2. Any Ideas ?

Hi

Have you got at least 15% free disk space available for the Disk
Defragmenter?

--

Will Denny
MVP - Windows Shell/User

"RD Sly" <RD Sly@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> After installing sp2 I am not able to run the defrag. It comes up with a
> warning that diskdefragmentor could not start. It worked fine before
> installing sp2. Any Ideas ?

I have the same problem, after SP2 the same error message and I have 68% free
space.

"Will Denny" wrote:

> Hi
>
> Have you got at least 15% free disk space available for the Disk
> Defragmenter?
>
> --
>
> Will Denny
> MVP - Windows Shell/User
> Please reply to the News Groups
>

> "RD Sly" <RD Sly@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> > After installing sp2 I am not able to run the defrag. It comes up with a
> > warning that diskdefragmentor could not start. It worked fine before
> > installing sp2. Any Ideas ?

lloyd

I have the same problem and it started right after SP2, I have tried every
thing and have about 68% free space

"Will Denny" wrote:

> Hi
>
> Have you got at least 15% free disk space available for the Disk
> Defragmenter?
>
> --
>
> Will Denny
> MVP - Windows Shell/User
> Please reply to the News Groups
>

> "RD Sly" <RD Sly@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> > After installing sp2 I am not able to run the defrag. It comes up with a
> > warning that diskdefragmentor could not start. It worked fine before
> > installing sp2. Any Ideas ?

You may have a disk error---run a chkdsk with repair first before
defragging.

Start > Run
type (in box)
chkdsk /r
press OK

Say yes when windows says should it run chkdsk at next boot, then reboot.

This will take considerable time. After windows completes the chkdsk, it
will reboot itself. Try defrag now.