Sign in with
Your question

Will I be able to run battlefield 3

Last response: in Video Games
Anonymous
a b U Graphics card
September 28, 2011 4:51:28 PM

Hi I was just wandering if I would be able to play battlefield 3 on my pc. I have a NVIDIA GT 330M 1GB. 4GB RAM 500GB HDD and dual core processor 2.13ghz. This is what the battlefield website says I need but not sure bout my graphics card being good enough. Thanks

.Minimum System Requirements
PROCESSOR: 2 GHZ DUAL CORE (CORE 2 DUO 2.4 GHZ OR ATHLON X2 2.7 GHZ)
MEMORY: 2 GB
HARD DRIVE: 20 GB
GRAPHICS CARD (AMD): DIRECTX 10.1 COMPATIBLE WITH 512 MB RAM (ATI RADEON 3000, 4000, 5000 OR 6000 SERIES, WITH ATI RADEON 3870 OR HIGHER PERFORMANCE)
GRAPHICS CARD (NVIDIA): DIRECTX 10.0 COMPATIBLE WITH 512 MB RAM (NVIDIA GEFORCE 8, 9, 200, 300, 400 OR 500 SERIES WITH NVIDIA GEFORCE 8800 GT OR HIGHER PERFORMANCE)
SOUND CARD: DIRECTX COMPATIBLE
KEYBOARD AND MOUSE
DVD ROM DRIVE

Recommended System Requirements
PROCESSOR: QUAD-CORE CPU
MEMORY: 4 GB
HARD DRIVE: 20 GB
GRAPHICS CARD: DIRECTX 11 COMPATIBLE WITH 1024 MB RAM (NVIDIA GEFORCE GTX 560 OR ATI RADEON 6950)
SOUND CARD: DIRECTX COMPATIBLE
KEYBOARD AND MOUSE
DVD ROM DRIVE

More about : run battlefield

September 28, 2011 5:01:12 PM

Take a look at these benchmarks, but it doesn't look encouraging. You might, I say might, be able to run the game at very low resolution settings, with all details off. But I am not pretty sure about that, as I am not into beta. Maybe some of the guys/girls who are might shed some more light.
a b U Graphics card
September 28, 2011 5:14:04 PM

330M i'd say not at any decent res or settings, download the open beta and try it.
Related resources
March 6, 2012 6:34:06 PM

I tested it as a gt330m owner. Low and res 1366x768 give about an inplayable 25 fps. Tested on a sonu vaio i5 520m 2.4ghz

I know i'm to late, but i was googling it for myself and never saw an answerd
March 6, 2012 8:40:53 PM

Let me give you some advice from somebody with experiance,

I have had ALL the issues with this game and have finally found all the solutions

First the connection issues ,
Then the punkbuster update issues,
then the Audio driver issues
etc.. long list,

Finally i sayd screw it im going to buy a whole new system (see my signature spec)

but then a new problem occured the game kept hiccuping/freezing for a sec every time i got shot or tanks come or just some action begins, i thought i was losing it .

The thing is they tell u u need 2 gb minimum to play and 4 gb ram recomended,

this might be true.. for single player.

but there is no way you are even going to get some decent fun or good gameplay out of the multiplayer if bf3 uses more than 80% of your ram,

you can change all your settings to low, in the console disable the draw distance all kinds of crazy magic tricks.

640x480 nothing will help.

u need 8 gb ram to play online or at least 6 or else forget about "fun"

i have benchmarked bf3 with slower processors than yours it should be do-able even if u need to manually decrease ur resolution in windowed mode and scoot over an extra meter infront of ur monitor.

cpu/gpu is not such a big deal.

RAM RAM RAM RAM.

i hope u get to play soon !

when u have good gaming experiance, let me know.

my battlelog is 2000steam2000

GOODLUCK!
March 11, 2012 10:46:30 PM

even with 8 gb ram he wouldn't play it! (i've got 8 gb ram on my vaio)

I run the game on i5 2500, gtx 560ti and 8 gb ram. I ran it on an older system phenom 9550 2.2ghz, 4gb ram and 4850 and that was also playable at 30fps avarage. (1280x1024 high, 1650x1050 low)
March 12, 2012 12:25:26 AM

cm0scm0s said:
Let me give you some advice from somebody with experiance,

I have had ALL the issues with this game and have finally found all the solutions

First the connection issues ,
Then the punkbuster update issues,
then the Audio driver issues
etc.. long list,

Finally i sayd screw it im going to buy a whole new system (see my signature spec)

but then a new problem occured the game kept hiccuping/freezing for a sec every time i got shot or tanks come or just some action begins, i thought i was losing it .

The thing is they tell u u need 2 gb minimum to play and 4 gb ram recomended,

this might be true.. for single player.

but there is no way you are even going to get some decent fun or good gameplay out of the multiplayer if bf3 uses more than 80% of your ram,

you can change all your settings to low, in the console disable the draw distance all kinds of crazy magic tricks.

640x480 nothing will help.

u need 8 gb ram to play online or at least 6 or else forget about "fun"

i have benchmarked bf3 with slower processors than yours it should be do-able even if u need to manually decrease ur resolution in windowed mode and scoot over an extra meter infront of ur monitor.

cpu/gpu is not such a big deal.

RAM RAM RAM RAM.

i hope u get to play soon !

when u have good gaming experiance, let me know.

my battlelog is 2000steam2000

GOODLUCK!

Be cautious of which drivers you are using for your GPU also cmos. The previous set of drivers caused a known memory leak in conjunction with BF3. System memory that is. I do agree with you that 6gb is required for this game though, you are absolutely correct. If you have even a modest amount of programs in the background you can easily start consuming much higher ram than people would first assume.
!