XP SP2 install from CD

I installed XP SP2 from CD provided with PC-PRO magazine.
All seemed to work OK. No issues, EXCEPT, Windows
Update "View Installation History" does not show that SP2
has been installed. In background it appears Windows
update is continuing to download SP2 from microsoft. I
can't find a way to stop it. I wonder what will happen
when it eventually completes and attempts to install SP2
over the top of SP2 !!

Any ideas?
2 answers Last reply
More about install

    Graham;
    Installation History does not normally show items not installed
    through Windows Update so that is normal.

    Verify SP-2 is installed:
    Right click My Computer
    Click Properties
    Does it say "Service Pack 2" under System?

    Turn off Automatic Update:
    Right click My Computer
    Click Properties
    Click Automatic Update
    Check "Turn off Automatic..."

    Perform step 5 on this link to delete what is downloaded:
    http://www3.telus.net/dandemar/spack.htm

    Reboot

    Jupiter Jones [MVP]
    http://www3.telus.net/dandemar/

    "Graham Thomson" <anonymous@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in
    message news:245301c4ad4e$9a830a70$a401280a@phx.gbl...
    >I installed XP SP2 from CD provided with PC-PRO magazine.
    > All seemed to work OK. No issues, EXCEPT, Windows
    > Update "View Installation History" does not show that SP2
    > has been installed. In background it appears Windows
    > update is continuing to download SP2 from microsoft. I
    > can't find a way to stop it. I wonder what will happen
    > when it eventually completes and attempts to install SP2
    > over the top of SP2 !!
    >
    > Any ideas?

    Jupiter,

    Many thanks. That all looks to have solved my problem.

Windows XP Microsoft CD-Rom