Need Help With Downloading Files

I need to get the dialog box back that asks if you want to save or open a
file when you download something from the internet.
I accidentally checked off the box that says to ask all the time, now
whenever I download any files it automatically opens them!
Can somebody PLEASE tell me how to get that dialog box back; where is this
setting? I checked everywhere in Security Settings and I did already check
to enable prompting when downloading files, but it still automatically opens
up any file I am downloading. I really hope someone can help me with this
problem.

Thanks
Sweet-P
3 answers Last reply
More about need downloading files

    Launch Internet Explorer and from the Toolbar select:
    Tools > Internet Options > Advanced, scroll down to
    "Notify when downloads complete", place a check next
    to it, then click Apply.

    --
    Carey Frisch
    Microsoft MVP

    Be Smart! Protect Your PC!

    "Sweet-P" wrote:

    | I need to get the dialog box back that asks if you want to save or open a
    | file when you download something from the internet.
    | I accidentally checked off the box that says to ask all the time, now
    | whenever I download any files it automatically opens them!
    | Can somebody PLEASE tell me how to get that dialog box back; where is this
    | setting? I checked everywhere in Security Settings and I did already check
    | to enable prompting when downloading files, but it still automatically opens
    | up any file I am downloading. I really hope someone can help me with this
    | problem.
    |
    | Thanks
    | Sweet-P

    That worked very well! Thank you :)

    SP

    > Launch Internet Explorer and from the Toolbar select:
    > Tools > Internet Options > Advanced, scroll down to
    > "Notify when downloads complete", place a check next
    > to it, then click Apply.
    >
    > --
    > Carey Frisch
    > Microsoft MVP
    > Windows XP - Shell/User
    >
    > Be Smart! Protect Your PC!

    > "Sweet-P" wrote:
    >
    > | I need to get the dialog box back that asks if you want to save or open
    > | file when you download something from the internet.
    > | I accidentally checked off the box that says to ask all the time, now
    > | whenever I download any files it automatically opens them!
    > | Can somebody PLEASE tell me how to get that dialog box back; where is
    > this
    > | setting? I checked everywhere in Security Settings and I did already
    > check
    > | to enable prompting when downloading files, but it still automatically
    > opens
    > | up any file I am downloading. I really hope someone can help me with
    > this
    > | problem.
    > |
    > | Thanks
    > | Sweet-P

    You're quite welcome! Glad to here the solution worked!

    --
    Carey Frisch
    Microsoft MVP

    Be Smart! Protect Your PC!