Eldd

Distinguished
Sep 6, 2008
This "new" installment in FIFA series is only for the ones who are really fans of this game. Unfortunately, in the last couple of years, all EA Sports changed in this game was the year on the box cover. And update the teams' rosters, of course. This game is so similar to 2011 version that apart from deflated marketing techniques like "we changed the impact model and the way defense works," game has little to offer in the way of improvement.

Oh yes, I remembered... they changed the way you can switch your keys in game's options interface.

Thanks for sharing though.

rocky41

Distinguished
Jul 21, 2010
FIFA 12 is the best version in the FIFA series and it is not similar to FIFA 11 if you compare the graphics, gameplay or any-other thing. This game is hard to master but more towards the real football world. So those who think the new defense mechanism , the better dribbling or the way players passes the ball is same as FIFA 11 , then they should stick to FIFA 11 itself.

Eldd

Distinguished
Sep 6, 2008
You're just repeating what EA says every year they launch a new FIFA game: "best in the series."

Just meh, have been playing FIFA since 1999. Guess I've had enough of the franchise. And no, I am not saying PES is better.

rocky41

Distinguished
Jul 21, 2010
Have you even played the game yet??? Well that isn't just me just google it and see the reviews by the experts that have more experience than you and me.
By the way i used to be a PES fan and i liked the changes from the previous version in terms of graphics and gameplay that's why i loved it, and if you leave this franchise then you have to go for PES which has no improvements from so long.

Eldd

Distinguished
Sep 6, 2008

I have played 2011 and 2012, yes. And no, I do not trust "experts" that write reviews, there are certain tastes and experiences that I cannot trust others with. I do believe in reviews up to a point, indeed, like every other person, I think. But more often than not, I do try things out for myself, as I am sure you do as well, mate.

To a certain degree you're right, it's either FIFA or PES, and I do play those once in a while, it's just that I do that with a little less pleasure every year. It's almost like they cannot come up with something new now... I remember when they were stating the "next-gen graphics" or so, I think it was the case with FIFA 2010, if I am not mistaken, but I wasn't impressed. Maybe it's me, of course, but it's my opinion and I am entitled to it.

Too bad PES are not "as licensed" as FIFA franchise is, they'd have a chance at it. It's the worst thing when there's no competition in a certain market.

rocky41

Distinguished
Jul 21, 2010
Yes i do try many things like you do and even i tried to lower the camera height in FIFA 11 and tried to comapre with FIFA 12's graphics. There was improvement. The gameplay was more like the old PES games that were dominating the FIFA series and in my opinion it feels like the old PES game.

Talking about PES now, i tried every new version of PES to get the same feel but the new mechanism in PES made me feel the players like robots and scoring much easier. So even if they had all licence i dont think they might have been able to gain market share.

So as you said it is between these two and i noticed the changes in FIFA 12, but truly saying FIFA 11 had no improvement at all and that improvement i have seen in FIFA 12.

Eldd

Distinguished
Sep 6, 2008
I usually play with camera height at max, the tele camera I mean, since I want to see as much as possible of the field, so not really much is different from that viewing angle. The new, improved collision system, and defence, debatable, in my opinion. I really have no idea how dramatic some improvement should be to "revive" the franchise for me, but it'd have to be a little much more than that.

But since every person will have different tastes, I bet that for at least just as many who love that game's actual direction, there are, maybe, as many that are still disgruntled, like me. And since it's FIFA's way or the highway, one can have just this many options.