Cyber_Wuss

Distinguished
Jun 8, 2001
I have a brand new MSI K7T266 Mother board, a 1.4ghz authon, creative dvd drive and an Asus 32MB Geforce 2. My problem is that it direct 3d games and graphics, there are no textures. All the walls and characters are pure white. The things is that this doesn't happen in Open GL games. Thus in Half-life the game runs in open Gl, and not under direct 3d. I have used the vidieo card in a different computer without problems. Any ideas? Could it be a driver issue, I am using the latest detonator drivers. And, the Motherboard drivers that came with the box.
Thanks for the help.

Rassler

Distinguished
Aug 9, 2001
you can always go and try to download the newest drivers from nvidia, usually asus drivers are the newest but try nvidia's site. What games do u use direct 3d? most new games use the openGL.

G

Make sure you are designating the graphics settings you want or need in the games you are running.

I have about the same setup as you and loaded Blade of Darkness after setup letting the computer determine the resolution, etc and got the same problem you describe. On choosig what resolution to run in it runs fine.