Problem with lan on flatout!!!

Ben95

Distinguished
Aug 14, 2011
Hi,

I have this problem with flatout. I want to play with two other computers in my house, over lan (the only online gameplay offered). I have it working on two of the computer I want to use. Both are older machines with win xp. But, my budget gaming rig with win 7 wont work! I can run the game fine in single player, but when I try to do lan it can't find the game. I have also tried hosting from this computer, but the other two computers can't view my game. Have tried disabling firewall, antivirus and everything, but nothing works. :(

Please help!!!

reversengineer

Reputable
Sep 27, 2014
Hi.

Unfortunately, there's no multiplayer mode out-of-the-box, not any longer I would say.

The only way to play multiplayer mode (either over the Internet, or inside your intra-net -a.k.a. LAN game) is to use some alternative hacks.

The one I found and tested working, is on this site
http://fo-online.net/

You'll be prompted to download the AIO package, which should usually work, at least I think.
Since I bought the GOG.com version of the game, I discovered that the AIO package won't work, so you need to download (from fo-online.net also) 2 specific invididual files.

The one called "FOv2Plus (1.3 or better) - GOG.com version", available in the "Other downloads" section, in the bottom of the page - which must be installed in the very same directory/folder where you've previously installed the GOG.com version of the game - and the
"FlatOutNet (1.3 or better)", available in the description of the AIO package: this last one is a single executable file which doesn't even require administrator privileges (because the programmer is a good guy and knows what he does), and shows you games hosted on the net (either over the Internet or inside your LAN: you can distinguish them by the IP address) and lets you host a new game or join a previously created game.

You have to run FlatOutNet.exe in every computer you want to run the game in multiplayer mode, and click host on one only, and click join on the other ones.

I've not tested the FOv3 packages, which contain other stuff like mods, tracks, cars... but the FOv2 (for GOG version) includes itself some add-ons also :)