Problem with BNA software running under WinXP Home

I'm trying to help a friend. He has WinXP Home edition
(SP2)and was successfully running BNA software to do tax
depreciation schedules. The BNA program is called "Fixed
Assetts", I believe. Anyway, suddenly the BNA program
quit working. If he clicks on the icon, there is a
momentary pause, the hourglass shows up, then nothing. I
can't tell that anything has loaded (looking at the
processes). So we uninstalled the BNA program and re-
booted We then attempted to re-install the BNA program.
After the program appears to completely install from the
CD, we get two messages that "load library(filemane)
failed." The messages each refer to files that
have ".ocx" extensions. We also get a message "Self
registration error. Invalid access to memory location."

Has anyone seen these kinds of errors? What do they
mean? How can we get the program going again?

-- John G.
1 answer Last reply
More about problem software running winxp home

    Unlimited BNA toll-free telephone technical
    support available: 1-800-424-2938. Hours are
    Monday to Friday, 9:00 a.m. to 7:00 p.m.,
    Eastern Time.

    BNA Fixed Assets Desktop Updates
    http://www.bnasoftware.com/products/fixedAssets/FX_desktop/updates/ppf/intProductID/8/

    --
    Carey Frisch
    Microsoft MVP

    Be Smart! Protect Your PC!

    "John G." wrote:

    | I'm trying to help a friend. He has WinXP Home edition
    | (SP2)and was successfully running BNA software to do tax
    | depreciation schedules. The BNA program is called "Fixed
    | Assetts", I believe. Anyway, suddenly the BNA program
    | quit working. If he clicks on the icon, there is a
    | momentary pause, the hourglass shows up, then nothing. I
    | can't tell that anything has loaded (looking at the
    | processes). So we uninstalled the BNA program and re-
    | booted We then attempted to re-install the BNA program.
    | After the program appears to completely install from the
    | CD, we get two messages that "load library(filemane)
    | failed." The messages each refer to files that
    | have ".ocx" extensions. We also get a message "Self
    | registration error. Invalid access to memory location."
    |
    | Has anyone seen these kinds of errors? What do they
    | mean? How can we get the program going again?
    |
    | -- John G.

Microsoft Software Windows XP