Problem with BNA software running under WinXP Home

Tags:
  • Microsoft
  • Software
  • Windows XP
October 8, 2004 7:33:01 PM

I'm trying to help a friend. He has WinXP Home edition
(SP2)and was successfully running BNA software to do tax
depreciation schedules. The BNA program is called "Fixed
Assetts", I believe. Anyway, suddenly the BNA program
quit working. If he clicks on the icon, there is a
momentary pause, the hourglass shows up, then nothing. I
can't tell that anything has loaded (looking at the
processes). So we uninstalled the BNA program and re-
booted We then attempted to re-install the BNA program.
After the program appears to completely install from the
CD, we get two messages that "load library(filemane)
failed." The messages each refer to files that
have ".ocx" extensions. We also get a message "Self
registration error. Invalid access to memory location."

Has anyone seen these kinds of errors? What do they
mean? How can we get the program going again?

-- John G.

More about : problem bna software running winxp home

Anonymous
October 8, 2004 9:45:04 PM

Unlimited BNA toll-free telephone technical
support available: 1-800-424-2938. Hours are
Monday to Friday, 9:00 a.m. to 7:00 p.m.,
Eastern Time.

BNA Fixed Assets Desktop Updates
http://www.bnasoftware.com/products/fixedAssets/FX_desk...

--