sp2 and norton av

Tags:
  • Norton
  • Windows XP
October 8, 2004 8:33:39 PM

After dwnlding sp 2, I am having trouble with my virus
software.Upon opening the program, it shows Auto Protect
as disabled and I am unable to enable it. Also, Email
scanning shows an error msg.The Symantec web site has a
special link for Dell. It recomends uninstalling and
reinstalling the AV program. I bought my system in Dec
2002 and it came with Norton AV already installed. I have
purchased protection til 06-05. If I uninstall Norton AV,
how do I re-install the proper current version w/o a 2004
Norton AV CD? Can I uninstall IE v6.0 sp2 and reinstall
6.0 sp1?As I understand, V6.0 sp2 is causing all kinds of
trouble with all kinds of computers!! I appreciate any
help! TIA!

More about : sp2 norton

Anonymous
October 9, 2004 8:26:21 PM

You'll have to contact Nortons with regards to upgrading to the 2005 NAV and discuss
your subscription with them.

If you want to remove SP2

How to remove Windows XP Service Pack 2 from your computer

http://support.microsoft.com/default.aspx?kbid=875355&p...
How to use the Automatic Recovery feature to recover your computer if the Windows XP
Service Pack 2 Setup program is not completed successfully

Service Pack 2 information
http://www3.telus.net/dandemar/xpsp2.htm

List of fixes included in Windows XP Service Pack 2:

How to successfully install Windows XP Service Pack 2.
http://www.fixyourwindows.com/winxpsp2install.htm

Are You Ready for WinXP SP2?
http://support.microsoft.com/default.aspx?pr=windowsxps...

http://www.microsoft.com/windowsxp/sp2/sp2_whattoknow.m...
What to Know Before You Download and Install Windows XP Service Pack 2

"lew" <lgheye@comcast.net> wrote in message
> After dwnlding sp 2, I am having trouble with my virus
> software.Upon opening the program, it shows Auto Protect
> as disabled and I am unable to enable it. Also, Email
> scanning shows an error msg.The Symantec web site has a
> special link for Dell. It recomends uninstalling and
> reinstalling the AV program. I bought my system in Dec
> 2002 and it came with Norton AV already installed. I have
> purchased protection til 06-05. If I uninstall Norton AV,
> how do I re-install the proper current version w/o a 2004
> Norton AV CD? Can I uninstall IE v6.0 sp2 and reinstall
> 6.0 sp1?As I understand, V6.0 sp2 is causing all kinds of
> trouble with all kinds of computers!! I appreciate any
> help! TIA!
Anonymous
October 9, 2004 8:26:22 PM

even if your able to down load the upgrade from Norton by the time you go
through all the downloads and installs without a AV in place, as all Av
programs suggest, or purchase a supreme firewall. you could save all the
download upgrades to install at once but you wont receive half the downloads
until some previous ones are installed so you might be online for long hours
with a insificient AV. i wishnyou success in keeping them at bay

"Taurarian Constellation" wrote:

> You'll have to contact Nortons with regards to upgrading to the 2005 NAV and discuss
> your subscription with them.
>
> If you want to remove SP2

> How to remove Windows XP Service Pack 2 from your computer
>
> http://support.microsoft.com/default.aspx?kbid=875355&p...
> How to use the Automatic Recovery feature to recover your computer if the Windows XP
> Service Pack 2 Setup program is not completed successfully
>
> Service Pack 2 information
> http://www3.telus.net/dandemar/xpsp2.htm
> http://www3.telus.net/dandemar/spackins.htm
>
> List of fixes included in Windows XP Service Pack 2:
>
> How to successfully install Windows XP Service Pack 2.
> http://www.fixyourwindows.com/winxpsp2install.htm
>
> Are You Ready for WinXP SP2?
> http://support.microsoft.com/default.aspx?pr=windowsxps...
>
> http://www.microsoft.com/windowsxp/sp2/sp2_whattoknow.m...
> What to Know Before You Download and Install Windows XP Service Pack 2
>

> "lew" <lgheye@comcast.net> wrote in message
> > After dwnlding sp 2, I am having trouble with my virus
> > software.Upon opening the program, it shows Auto Protect
> > as disabled and I am unable to enable it. Also, Email
> > scanning shows an error msg.The Symantec web site has a
> > special link for Dell. It recomends uninstalling and
> > reinstalling the AV program. I bought my system in Dec
> > 2002 and it came with Norton AV already installed. I have
> > purchased protection til 06-05. If I uninstall Norton AV,
> > how do I re-install the proper current version w/o a 2004
> > Norton AV CD? Can I uninstall IE v6.0 sp2 and reinstall
> > 6.0 sp1?As I understand, V6.0 sp2 is causing all kinds of
> > trouble with all kinds of computers!! I appreciate any
> > help! TIA!

October 9, 2004 8:26:22 PM

Good luck calling Norton. Better yet, copy and paste
this link to your browser to uninstall and reinstall,
even if you just downloaded Norton.

http://service1.symantec.com/SUPPORT/nav.nsf/d4578f66d8...
a0188256d4e006aaa94/121fb86cd679630f88256d6f00634b66?
OpenDocument&prod=Norton%20AntiVirus&ver=2004%20for%
20Windows%202000/Me/98/XP&src=sg&pcode=nav&svy=&csm=no

kbid=875355&product=windowsxpsp2

!