Jun 27, 2009
I just built a new system
rampage III formula
i7 950
ati 5850 x2
wd 6gbs 640gb drive
corsair dominator gt 6gb
psu corsair 850

problem is when i go to install windows 7 it boots from cd does loading windows files then goes to starting windows then reboots.

ive tried different memory, hard drives, video cards, tried the win 7 cd in another comp and it will boot from it and load into it. even switched psu still does same thing. disabled all the onboard stuff in bios, set drives to ide and compatible. So i am stumped, only thing i can think of now is to get a different motherboard.

tschaber2

Distinguished
Jun 27, 2009
doesnt ever get that far for me to load the o/s on a hdd, it only boots from cd then goes to the next screen which is loading windows files, then the next screen which is starting windows, and thats it, never goes to where i chose the drive to install windows on or anything

Two possibilities leap to mind - one that the SATA/RAID settings in BIOS need looking at and the othe ris you may be using the wrong DVD. Your set will have two - one for 32bit and the other for 64. [/#000ff]

christiangordon

Distinguished
Aug 18, 2010
^+1

Is your DVD drive new or used?
What is the condition of your OS disc? -did you make it yourself? - could be a bad image if so. If it is download the img from Microsoft again a burn it on using the steps they suggest.

tschaber2

Distinguished
Jun 27, 2009
nevermind found the problem, took cpu off and one of the pins on the motherboard was slightly pushed to right pushed it back and it installed windows 7 fine, lol never would have thought a pin not being right would make win 7 install not work

TRENDING THREADS