Jan

i have roxio for burning my cd's..and Sony m.disc for
recording.both programes keep hanging and i have to
switch of my computer to get it off..system events tells
me i need to update my bios...so is this why they
hang..im new to all this..anybody out there help..how do
i update the bios etc...im a silver surfer so dont get
too technical!!!!! many thanks

Jan, it would help if you can find out what the Motherboard make and
model is. If you don't know try using
www.belarc.com It's free and will give you a system inventory.