Tags:
  • PC gaming
  • Gaming
  • Mice
  • Video Games
Last response: in PC Gaming
September 30, 2011 6:37:16 PM

This is driving me absolutely insane.

I just made a completely new build and decided to get a new mouse as well. I was using a Razer Diamondback that I've had for like 10 years and its worked fine. However sometimes it jumps around for no reason and its all worn down in places and the right click sometimes sticks so I got a Lachesis.

Holy god this mouse is terrible. I set up my default profile, turned the lights off, set it to about 1600 dpi for desktop stuff, turned acceleration off...all was well. Did some Windows updates and restarted...lights come on, DPI is at 5600. Set it again, driver crashes, then says I have no mouse plugged in. Unplug it plug it back in, profile resets. etc etc etc.

Does anyone use a mouse with decent response time that has at least 5 buttons and fits smaller hands? My Diamondback was perfect but apparently Razer stopped making it, the Copperhead AND the Krait and have no replacement for them.

I need help, my hand is dying :( 

More about : gaming mouse

October 1, 2011 5:13:34 AM

I have been using the Razer Imperator for the last year and really like it. 5 or 7 buttons, depending on if you make the sensitivity buttons standard buttons. I have only had a couple issues with it, it has stopped responding a couple times, dis/reconnecting it solved that, and the CPU usage sometimes jumps about 20% on one of the cores (only notice at the desktop, where coretemp displays the load) but it does not seem to cause any lag/slowdown in games.
m
l
October 1, 2011 8:17:00 AM

I'm using the Coolermaster Storm Sentinel Advanced and can confidently say that it was a good buy! Been using it for quite some time now, picked it up when it was newly launched. Some of the features:
Upto 5600 DPI Storm Tactical™ Twin-laser Sensor - on the fly switching
IC controlled Illumination with 7 colors and variable lighting effects
4.5g X 5 pcs weight system
Fits well, good grip
Smooth slide

All in all, it's pretty darn good! Give it a look:
http://www.coolermaster-usa.com/product.php?product_id=...
m
l
Related resources
Can't find your answer ? Ask !
October 2, 2011 5:06:44 PM

i am using the logitech GX 500 , and was for the past year , its curves make it suitable for smaller hands though the mouse is big ( somewhat ) and has 5 or 8 butoons depending on whether you map the sensitivity and window button.
but i cannot reccomend it as i do not have much expirience with mouses( would it be mice or mouses , because referring to computer mouses as mice seems weird).
m
l
October 2, 2011 5:20:26 PM

im using the logitech mx518 and its great. It fits my hand perfectly and the buttons are very conveniently placed. They just released the new logitech g400 i think it was to replace this mouse and ive seen good reviews on it, plus its only $40 unlike the very expensive razer mouses and others. Id recommend you check it out
m
l
a b 4 Gaming
October 2, 2011 9:02:49 PM

try downgrading the driver... currently i think im using 1.96 rather than the 1.10 also flashing the mouse may help.
m
l
October 2, 2011 9:38:05 PM

Have you Considered the Alienware TactX Mouse? This one might be good.
m
l
October 3, 2011 12:21:07 PM

namelessonez said:
I'm using the Coolermaster Storm Sentinel Advanced and can confidently say that it was a good buy! Been using it for quite some time now, picked it up when it was newly launched. Some of the features:
Upto 5600 DPI Storm Tactical™ Twin-laser Sensor - on the fly switching
All in all, it's pretty darn good! Give it a look:
http://www.coolermaster-usa.com/product.php?product_id=...

Great mouse... while it works, my sentinal lasted less than a year before the springs on the index button collapsed (too much COD I guess). Sliders also seem to be of an odd material, mine seemed to deteriorate even with a fabric gaming mat.

Changed to a razer deathadder, but if anything it feels less robust (really flimsy thumb buttons and no easy on the fly switching, plus lacks the adjustable weight system).

wish there was a clear favorite, even at this price point they are a bit disappointing.
KEF
m
l
October 3, 2011 12:41:44 PM

Kef said:
Great mouse... while it works, my sentinal lasted less than a year before the springs on the index button collapsed (too much COD I guess). Sliders also seem to be of an odd material, mine seemed to deteriorate even with a fabric gaming mat.

Is that right!! :o  Didn't know that. I guess it's a good thing I'm not playing COD anymore! Guess it's a bit too much to expect these guys to make long-lasting, sturdy products. I'll be a bit more careful towards mine henceforth. :) 
m
l
October 3, 2011 12:48:59 PM

logitech G5 all the way, had it for 5 years and still going strong
m
l
October 4, 2011 9:21:36 AM

I've had my mx518 since 2006. That was my freshman year of college and a lot of CS and DoD was played and not a lot of classes attended. I'm still using it now, and not because of lack of funds. This thing is a beast.
m
l
October 4, 2011 8:47:00 PM

Razer diamondback for the last 7 years and i just bought the razer mamba and its awesome!
m
l
October 4, 2011 9:54:00 PM

Roccat Kone+ is probably the best on the market right now IMHO.
m
l
October 5, 2011 8:34:29 AM

weknowhowtolive said:
This is driving me absolutely insane.

I just made a completely new build and decided to get a new mouse as well. I was using a Razer Diamondback that I've had for like 10 years and its worked fine. However sometimes it jumps around for no reason and its all worn down in places and the right click sometimes sticks so I got a Lachesis.

Holy god this mouse is terrible. I set up my default profile, turned the lights off, set it to about 1600 dpi for desktop stuff, turned acceleration off...all was well. Did some Windows updates and restarted...lights come on, DPI is at 5600. Set it again, driver crashes, then says I have no mouse plugged in. Unplug it plug it back in, profile resets. etc etc etc.

Does anyone use a mouse with decent response time that has at least 5 buttons and fits smaller hands? My Diamondback was perfect but apparently Razer stopped making it, the Copperhead AND the Krait and have no replacement for them.

I need help, my hand is dying :( 

I have the G9X Logitech Gaming Mouse. 60$ and it is plug and play. Just install the CD if you want all the features for it. Just type in G9X review in Youtube, and trust me it is my favorite mouse so far. 100% customizable.
m
l
a b 4 Gaming
October 6, 2011 1:54:42 AM

it has terrible liftoff distance in my experience... a good mouse has a liftoff of about 3 mm, the g9 was over 20 which means even when you lift the mouse your laser is still reading the surface 20mm way. lift off and your looking at your feet or the sky...
there is a mouse with a variable liftoff control which is a long needed enhancement for mice... the cyborg rat 7 albino... very expensive at around $100 £80 but has some very nice features apart from the grip config...

small dpi increments...steps of 25 variable liftoff (can be configured for different reflective surfaces).. yep some very nice features... and cant wate for my local to get 1 in to get palm feel and test it...
m
l
October 6, 2011 4:15:47 PM

logitech mice are nice, unfortunately i've had a repeating problem where the cord would become frayed, I replaced it easily enough on my G15 and i'm still using it (4-5 years) but i've gone through 2 logitech G series (G5, G500) mice in that time because of the same cord issue.

I'm on a Deathadder, it only has 2 thumb buttons but they are fully adjustable. Good for the price and much lighter than logitech's offerings.
m
l
a b 4 Gaming
October 6, 2011 6:26:57 PM

dklic6 said:
I've had my mx518 since 2006. That was my freshman year of college and a lot of CS and DoD was played and not a lot of classes attended. I'm still using it now, and not because of lack of funds. This thing is a beast.

I have 2 of these, both 4+ years old and have never had a problem with them.
m
l