Single Rate - Phone choices for email

Last response: in Network Providers
December 1, 2004 7:27:34 AM

Looking to sign up for Verizon's Single rate and need to use the phone
for email with my laptop. According to VZW web site, my only phone
choices are Samsung SCH a650 or LG VX3200 with the purchase of Mobile
Office. Are there any other phones that will work on Verizon to get
email with the cell phone/laptop combination.

Thanks

Traveling
Anonymous
December 1, 2004 7:27:35 AM

"Traveling" <rvparked-newsroup@yahoo.com> wrote in message news:<WKbrd.77186$7i4.59641@bgtnsc05-news.ops.worldnet.att.net>...
> Looking to sign up for Verizon's Single rate and need to use the phone
> for email with my laptop. According to VZW web site, my only phone
> choices are Samsung SCH a650 or LG VX3200 with the purchase of Mobile
> Office. Are there any other phones that will work on Verizon to get
> email with the cell phone/laptop combination.
>
> Thanks
>
> Traveling

Almost any modern Verizon phone can be used to get online with a
laptop. I've used the LG4400, LG6000, even Startac 7868.

The mobile office package is verizon-branded software plus a cable,
and verizon probably doesn't bother selling cables for each phone,
which is why they offerred you only a limited selection.

Most phone manufactures sell data cables, and many independent ones
sell data cables (and my favorite, charging data cables - meaning one
less charger to bring on trips). That way you'll have a much larger
selection of possible phones. These usually come with their own
software, and are just as good as the verizon bundles.

-MVL
Anonymous
December 1, 2004 5:00:27 PM

Thanks. I see that the VX4400 is a tri mode phone which is required with
the Single Rate Plan (the one I want). So my next question is: Will VXW
activate a phone purchased from another vendor.

--
Thanks

Traveling

> Almost any modern Verizon phone can be used to get online with a
> laptop. I've used the LG4400, LG6000, even Startac 7868.
>
> The mobile office package is verizon-branded software plus a cable,
> and verizon probably doesn't bother selling cables for each phone,
> which is why they offerred you only a limited selection.
>
> Most phone manufactures sell data cables, and many independent ones
> sell data cables (and my favorite, charging data cables - meaning one
> less charger to bring on trips). That way you'll have a much larger
> selection of possible phones. These usually come with their own
> software, and are just as good as the verizon bundles.
>
> -MVL
December 1, 2004 5:54:18 PM

So long as the phone is CDMA, Verizon compatible, VZW will activate it for
your account.

"on our way" <onourway@spamaccess-4-free.com> wrote in message
> Thanks. I see that the VX4400 is a tri mode phone which is required with
> the Single Rate Plan (the one I want). So my next question is: Will VXW
> activate a phone purchased from another vendor.
>
> --
> Thanks
>
> Traveling
>

>> Almost any modern Verizon phone can be used to get online with a
>> laptop. I've used the LG4400, LG6000, even Startac 7868.
>>
>> The mobile office package is verizon-branded software plus a cable,
>> and verizon probably doesn't bother selling cables for each phone,
>> which is why they offerred you only a limited selection.
>>
>> Most phone manufactures sell data cables, and many independent ones
>> sell data cables (and my favorite, charging data cables - meaning one
>> less charger to bring on trips). That way you'll have a much larger
>> selection of possible phones. These usually come with their own
>> software, and are just as good as the verizon bundles.
>>
>> -MVL

Anonymous
December 2, 2004 3:07:58 AM

On 01 Dec 2004 22:44:24 GMT, HHamp5246 wrote:

> You know if you get the America's Choice plan you can get online, unlimited,
> after 9:01 pm every night.
>
> With Single Rate I think only weekends are unlimited minutes.

SIngle Rate doesn't offer the free weekend minutes anymore.
December 2, 2004 3:07:59 AM

On 02 Dec 2004 02:47:44 GMT, hhamp5246@aol.comnojunk (HHamp5246)
wrote:

>>SIngle Rate doesn't offer the free weekend minutes anymore.
>
>Really.... that's even worse. Why would anyone want that?

It sounds like VZW continues to nudge people to America's Choice...

Mike
Anonymous
December 2, 2004 3:32:03 AM

VZW website is not clear as whether or not NationalAccess is included in
the Single Rate Plan when you select a phone with NationalAccess as an
optional feature. Does anyone know if it's included free.

--
Thanks

Traveling

"Traveling Man" <none@none.com> wrote in message
> On 01 Dec 2004 22:44:24 GMT, HHamp5246 wrote:
>
>> You know if you get the America's Choice plan you can get online,
>> unlimited,
>> after 9:01 pm every night.
>>
>> With Single Rate I think only weekends are unlimited minutes.
>
> SIngle Rate doesn't offer the free weekend minutes anymore.
Anonymous
December 2, 2004 4:26:17 PM

On Thu, 2 Dec 2004 02:47:44 UTC, hhamp5246@aol.comnojunk (HHamp5246)
wrote:

> >SIngle Rate doesn't offer the free weekend minutes anymore.
>
> Really.... that's even worse. Why would anyone want that?

Sigh.. To avoid roaming holes in the western states.

If you stay on the interstates, AC works fine. If you travel remote
highways, coverage from Wyoming to Arizona and points west is chancy.

--
Barbara
!