Problem with Asus A7V133

G

Today I changed a fan setting in my bios on my a7v133 motherboard, and since then it starts up for 5 secs beeps and shuts down. Ive tried to reset the cmos the way the user manual said (put a screw driver on the 2 solder points and hold for 30secs with the power and plug off, then plug back in and turn it on) that didn't work and I tried several times. Then I thought maybe I could take the battery out and do that and it would erase, nope that didn't work either. So basicly what im asking is if theres any other ways to reset the bios other then what the manual says?

-Bryan

btvillarin

Distinguished
Apr 10, 2001
You've got to be persistent. Let's see... I've taken tweezers, held a jumper with it, and did it that way. That's one other option with the motherboard. But, I was just persistent. Make sure that both solder points are being connected, that's for sure.

Sorry if it sounds like I'm repeating what you said, but for me, I screwed up the BIOS a couple of times. I was just persistent. (I was so freaked out I busted it, I kept doing it until it finally worked!)

Hope you fix it... :eek:

~Bryan (another one)

Kernel32.dll error...aw, son of a.... :eek:

G

Hi.
I have a similar problem i was tryin to TWEAK my BIOS as in an article from the website about the ASUS A7V BIOS but when i reset my comp i got continous beeps, according to the manual it is cause my DIMM's are not recognised :( I also need to reset the BIOS somehow. I tried to short the CMOS but with no success.

Can any1 help :(

G

UH! you killed your motherboard, don't ever reset it like the manual says, I killed mine EXACLTY like this. to reset you should take the battery out FIRST. There is NO way to help, sorry.

G

I took my battery out last night, thinking that might help it too how long should I leave it out?

G

I take it out for 48 hours, but if you short the motherboard already - get a new one, sorry!

khha4113

Distinguished
Dec 31, 2007
Check your CPU to see it's not burnt and HSF seated correctly.

:smile: Good or Bad have no meaning at all, depends on what your point of view is.