please rate this mobo don't know the makers sorry

G

K7AMA mainboard has a Socket-462 processor socket for an AMD K7 type CPUs. You can install any one of these processors on the mainboard. The mainboard supports Socket-462 processor front-side bus speeds of 200MHz or 266MHz.

MOTHERBOARD SPECIFICATION :

PROCESSORS
AMD® Athlon/Duron (K7) processors
Full series of Athlon/Duron CPU including the future Athlon processors
CHIPSET
Ali® Magic 1645(NB) & Magic 1535D+(SB) Chipset
Support AGP 2.0 specification (4X)
Support PCI 2.2 Specification
LPC I/O - IT8870F
SAN: RealTek 8139C
AC97 Audio Codec
Compliant with AC97 2.1 specification
MEMORY
2 DDR DIMM Sockets and 2 DIMM sockets support (can not be used simultaneously)
Two 184-pin 2.5V DDR SDRAM (DDR266/DDR200) or
Two 168-pin 3.3V SDRAM (PC133/PC100)
Maximum: 2GB
SYSTEM BIOS
AMI 2MB Flash EEPROM
Supports Plug and Play 1.0A, AMP 1.2, Multi Boot, DMI
Support for ACPI revision 1.0 specification
I/O INTERFACE
Supports Plug and Play function
PS/2 keyboard and PS/2 mouse connectors
Two USB Ports
One - EPP/ECP mode parallel port
Two - 16550 high-speed serial I/O port
Audio Ports (Line-in, Line-out, Mic-in, CD-in and game port)
LAN Header
Supports 360K~2.88M Byte, 3 Mode FDDs
Dual PCI IDE interfaces - support four IDE devices (PIO mode 4, DMA Mode 2, Ultra DMA 33/66/100)
ATX Power Supply Connector
Ports, Headers and Others:
IrDA Cable header
Extra USB header
Front Panel MIC/Line-Out header
Green, HDD, Power indicator LED headers
CPU and Case Fan headers
LAN Card Wake Up / Internal Modem Ring Wake-Up headers

RTC & BATTERY
M1535D+ included 256 bytes of CMOS
With CMOS hardware clear jumper
EXPANSION SLOTS
4 PCI slots, 1 AGP slot, 1 AMR slot

here is a link to the mobo that has a picture possible mite buy it : http://www.internetishop.com/pictures/k7ama-1.jpg

Crashman

Polypheme
Former Staff
I would really like to know the manufacturerbefore making any judgements. The ALi MAGiK is a great chipset, but the main concern about boards of unknown origin is the quality of the BIOS installed.

Back to you Tom...

G

yes it is a ecs <looked into it somemore and I am looking at either this board or the k7s5a sis735 because of price but don't know much on witch would be better. I hear the sis735 is good and stable but lacks o/c and the ali magic I haven't heard anything on. if it helps o/c is not a concern right now because some good boards are coming out soon and may look at them at that time.

Stick_e_Mouse

Distinguished
Jun 28, 2001
The ECS with SIS735 doesn't come with a BIOS that allows you to overclock. There are ways around this, however. You can download an "Unofficial" BIOS that gives you the ability to change the FSB (which is better than changing the multiplier anyways). A program called CPUCool allows you to chang the FSB is smaller increments up to 200mhz FSB.

If you are looking towards the future, you might want to keep an eye on the ASUS A7S266 with the SiS735 chipset.

See a real naked pic of Britney Spears <A HREF="http://www.geocities.com/stick_e_mouse" target="_new">here</A>!!!

Crashman

Polypheme
Former Staff
ECS is a major supplier for OEM's. They have a reasonable good reputation as a reliable manufacturer, as OEM suppliers go. And the ALi MAGiK 1 is known for it's compatability/stability when equiped with a proper motherboard/BIOS.

Back to you Tom...