Cannot run msconfig from SAfe or Normal mode

I have researched the Internet, Posts, KB Articles, even old SO's/SR's to
find a solution for this issue. When I try to run msconfig from Run command I
just get a quick hourglass, then nothing. I have scanned with NAV(latest
definitions), HouseCall from MicroTrend site, Spybot S&D, AdAware 6(latest
file), Stinger, CWShredder, HijackThis. Noviruses, malware, etc. were found.
I have scoured my registry for anything suspicious. I have ran repair from
Norton SystemWorks. I have deleted all msconfig.exe's and reintalled from
C:\Windows\INF\PcHealth.inf. I even downloaded the EmrgencyUtility from Doug
Knox's website and this won't even run. I have renamed msconfig to another
name with same results. I have tried all in Safe Mode as well with same
results.RegEdit and TaskMgr run fine. Any suggestions are welcomed.
Thanks
--
vbkoder
2 answers Last reply

    I have had the same problem. I also researched to
    death.never solved it. think it was spyware, never knew,
    never found it. i backed up, formatted and re-loaded .
    worked for a while and it launched again. i managed to
    save txt files, music, pics etc... major bitch, good
    luck!

    I can't say I trust "anonymous" for serious information. There are so many
    other threads that at least gave a glimmer of hope. I have exhausted every
    thread I have found and msconfig will not run. As for those Registry keys, I
    do not have most of the ones I have seen listed.

    IS PSS SUpport my last chance?

    "anonymous@discussions.microsoft.com" wrote:

    > I have had the same problem. I also researched to
    > death.never solved it. think it was spyware, never knew,
    > never found it. i backed up, formatted and re-loaded .
    > worked for a while and it launched again. i managed to
    > save txt files, music, pics etc... major bitch, good
    > luck!

Msconfig Windows XP