SP2

I have scanned my system with spybot so it has no spyware
and I have Norton 2004 so it has no viruses. I have a
Pentium II 348 Mhz with 192 MB of RAM and I was wondering
if SP2 will slow my already slow computer and if it will
crash programs e.t.c
Ty
2 answers Last reply
More about tomshardware

    No you should install it for security. You're already running pretty slow
    with a 350mhz computer. You might start saving for a new one. XP really runs
    better on a faster computer.

    "win" wrote:

    > I have scanned my system with spybot so it has no spyware
    > and I have Norton 2004 so it has no viruses. I have a
    > Pentium II 348 Mhz with 192 MB of RAM and I was wondering
    > if SP2 will slow my already slow computer and if it will
    > crash programs e.t.c
    > Ty

    Spyware/Virus Removal and Prevention:
    http://www.fixyourwindows.com/windowsxpsolutions.htm
    (Links to online virus scans on the same page)

    How to optimize Windows XP, 2000, ME
    for the best performance (Step-by-step Visual Guide):
    http://www.fixyourwindows.com

    How to successfully install Windows XP Service Pack 2:
    http://www.fixyourwindows.com/winxpsp2install.htm

    Good Luck!

    "win" wrote:

    > I have scanned my system with spybot so it has no spyware
    > and I have Norton 2004 so it has no viruses. I have a
    > Pentium II 348 Mhz with 192 MB of RAM and I was wondering
    > if SP2 will slow my already slow computer and if it will
    > crash programs e.t.c
    > Ty

Windows XP