Temp files, Temp INTERNET FILES & Cookies

I was very familiar with how EXACTLY to clear this in 98....Just got XP can
anyone tell me exactly how to clear these & keep my system CLEAN?

Thanks

Dave hybriddave@verizon.net
1 answer Last reply
More about temp files temp internet files cookies

    Pretty much the same way. ;-)

    To open your temporary folder...
    Start | Run | Type: %TEMP% | OK

    To open the WINDOWS\Temp folder....
    Start | Run | Type: C:\WINDOWS\Temp | OK

    To delete all Temporary Internet Files...

    1) Start | Run | Type: inetcpl.cpl | OK
    Or right click the Internet Explorer icon on your Desktop.
    Or: Start | Settings | Control Panel | Internet Options.
    Best to do this with all instances of Internet Explorer closed. Especially
    if there are a large number of files.
    2) On the General Tab, in the middle of the screen, click on Delete Files
    3) Check the box ? Delete all offline content {This cleans >> C:\Documents
    and Settings\YourNameHere\Local Settings\Temporary Internet Files AND
    C:\Documents and Settings\YourNameHere\Local Settings\Temporary Internet
    Files\Content.IE5 and \Content.MSO
    4) Click on OK and wait for the hourglass icon to stop after it deletes the
    temporary internet files
    5) You can now click on Delete Cookies and click OK to delete cookies that
    websites have placed on your hard drive.
    -----

    If you want, try this: Open IE | Tools | Internet Options | Advanced tab |
    scroll down to the bottom | check: Empty Temporary Internet Files folder
    when browser is closed | click Apply | OK. Entirely up to you, but if you
    want to be rid of this, it is done automatically. Deletes the content of
    C:\Documents and Settings\YourNameHere\Local Settings\Temporary Internet
    Files but not the Content.IE5 or Content.MSO folders.

    Also: Start IE | Tools | Internet Options | General tab | Days to keep
    pages in history: 0 | Apply | OK.
    -----

    I use Disk Cleaner to all this automatically every time my machine boots.
    Disk Cleaner is free.

    Disk Cleaner
    http://www.xs4all.nl/~mp2004/

    Disk Cleaner Cleans:

    Temporary Internet Files
    Internet Cookies
    Internet History
    System Temporary Folder
    Recent Documents
    Run... Dialog List
    Find Document List
    Find Computer List
    URLs in IE Address Bar
    URLs in Shell Address Bar
    Media Player Recent URLs
    WinZip Recent Files
    WinZip Extract To Folders
    Paint Recent Files
    WordPad Recent Files
    Recycle Bin
    Opera Cache
    Opera Cookies
    Opera History
    Opera Visited links
    Opera Download History and Download folder

    --
    Hope this helps. Let us know.
    Wes

    In news:9FFC6E22-ED89-4866-86D3-015178FCF90D@microsoft.com,
    Dave <Dave@discussions.microsoft.com> hunted and pecked:
    > I was very familiar with how EXACTLY to clear this in 98....Just got
    > XP can anyone tell me exactly how to clear these & keep my system
    > CLEAN?
    >

    > Thanks
    >
    > Dave hybriddave@verizon.net

Cookie Microsoft Internet Windows XP