Windows XP Problem at Start Up

Todd

Hi,

Can someone help? When my Windows XP starts up it
automatically opens of up a file called
c:\windows\system32. It is the most annoying thing. How
do I get it to stop opening up when I turn on my
computer. Is there a virus or something that makes it to
that? I've scanned with Norton Etc and have no viruses.

Please help.
Thanks!

"This behavior can occur if a null, incomplete, or damaged entry exists in the registry".

System32 Folder Opens When Logging on to Windows
http://support.microsoft.com/default.aspx?id=170086

Visit http://www.kellys-korner-xp.com/xp_tweaks.htm and scroll down
to Item No. 260. In the right column, click on "System32 Folder Opens
Upon Boot". Download this repair file and then run the repair.

[Courtesy of MS-MVP Kelly Theriot]

--
Carey Frisch
Microsoft MVP