performance and maintence not visible in my control panel???

I am using the old windows view of windows xp....I can't find my performance
and maintence folder....a windows support page said to switch views to
catalog to view this but where is that on 98 view of xp...?
--
Until further idiotic simple questions arise in my mind...happy
surfing!!!!....ceci

There is no Performance and Maintenance icon when
using XP's Classic View interface. You'll have to switch to
"Category View". As an alternative, simply open XP's
"Help and Support Center" and click on "Performance and
Maintenance" located on the left-side Help topics.

--
Carey Frisch
Microsoft MVP

Be Smart! Protect Your PC!