Xbox 360 Recording Dilemma: Can't Use My Headphones!

QwertyMusicMan

Distinguished
Jul 18, 2011
Hello everyone, I use a Turtle Beach EarForce DX11 Headset, and I plug my 360 into my TV with a HDMI cable (classic 360, not slim). All recording devices that I've seen use Component cables to go through the recorder, but since I use an HDMI cable instead, the component port is taken-up by my headset. Help?

In other words, there are two ports on the back of my Xbox. A larger parallelogram of sorts (component) which would usually have several color-coded cables that plug into the TV. However, I use this port for my headset.
The other port is an HDMI, which I plug into my TV.

Is there a recording device that I can use, and still use my headphones?

EDIT

I found one.

Solution
Can you not just plug the recording device into the output ports on the TV? If it has both component out, and RCA out for the audio then you should be ok. Or if you are running it through a stereo receiver you would want to use the outputs on that instead.

steimy

Distinguished
Aug 25, 2011
Can you not just plug the recording device into the output ports on the TV? If it has both component out, and RCA out for the audio then you should be ok. Or if you are running it through a stereo receiver you would want to use the outputs on that instead.

Solution