Ok, now I'm really bummed

G

I got this computer 4 weeks ago and have posted on some problems, while I agree if its not broke don't fix it, I know this still just isn't right at all.
I'm pretty nifty on computers however I jumped from a p200 always using Intel to a Anthlon 1.4 ghz Tbird. The new Technology is different from what I am used to:(

My current problems to date:
I have 2 monitors listed a unknown and my actual monitor.
I have removed both in safe mode, installed the correct one in windows and set it with my Geforce2 mx card. loads drivers looks good, when I reboot it detects a unknown monitor again.
I can disable it and things work just fine?
Why's it keep doing this!

My CPU temp is 74C under load and 65c idle.
Although it has a approved fan on it, I did not install it but I have no crashing problems( M7vib MB has a built on board sensor) I have ordered a Ventec 6035d with the high speed fan to hopefully resolve this( Copper sink over 2x the CFM of current fan).
I have on IRQ 11 :
Ethernet card/Sound card/3 ACPI IRQ holder for PCI Steering AND my AGP Video Geforce2 card.
I can undestand ACPI operating devices on the same IRQ no problems but share it with the AGP card/slot to?
I even have a free IRQ 5 just sitting there.
I have removed everything rebooted, installed a card, rebooted, installed another rebooted and repeated this process like 10 times moving cards around and it always uses irq 11:(
My Benchmarks are normal/above normal with exception to the HD and what SIsoft calls for 24000 I get varied from 19000-23000 but its a WD drive 7200rpm so that just may be its seek times.
Am I just freaking out?
I really want the best possible for gaming, and afraid since I use all 3 sound/lan/video at once in online games sucking out of one IRQ port something is wrong.

Yahiko81

Illustrious
Jul 17, 2001
Some Pci slots share certain IRQ's try moving the cards to different slots, and look in your manual that came with your motherboard to see which pci slots share IRQ's.

Nice <b><font color=green>Lizards</b></font color=green> <b>crunch</b> Trolls cookies....... :smile: Yummy!! :smile: