ankit91

Distinguished
Jun 20, 2011
i have an asus m2n mx se plus motherboard with amd 64 x2 dual core processor which has an integrated 6150 se gpu.RAM is 3 GB.i want to upgrade my processor to phenom x4 and have a 9500gt geforce.my smps power is 450 watt.will the graphics card support in this power?.moreover will it be better to buy a 600 watt smps and will it be suportable by my motherboard?.

lastly will i be able to play black ops and witcher 2 in highest configuration?.

namelessonez

Distinguished
Jun 30, 2009
Your PSU is enough to run the 9500GT.
Your motherboard supports a limited number of Phenomx4 processor chips. Honestly, none of those are good enough for gaming on max settings. You're looking at a Phenom x4 which is at least 3GHz. Sadly, the ones supported top out at 2.1GHz. Here's the list of those supported:

http://in.asus.com/Motherboards/AMD_AM2/M2NMX_SE_Plus/#CPUS

You would not be able to play Black Ops and/ or Witcher2 on 'highest settings'. You may manage them on low settings though.

Suggestions:
You may want to consider a new motherboard if you're looking at getting a good Phenom x4 chip, and if you're looking at maxing them games out. If that is an option, let us know.

Upgrading to a 9500GT is not recommended as it is a very weak card for games of today's standards, as also Black Ops and Witcher 2. You're getting a good CPU, but it would be bottlenecked if you got a 9500GT.

A lot of options are available as regards GPU's today. Tell us your budget, if you're interested, and we can give you recommendations on GPU's. Depending on your choice of GPU, we would next recommend a PSU. It would most probably be 600W or more.

See if you're in a position to upgrade the rig as said above, you can get a decent gaming rig depending on your budget.

As said,
A 9500GT will have no issues running on a 450W PSU, even if it is a generic one.
A 600W PSU isn't really necessary if you're not upgrading your GPU to something better. As namelessonez stated, you are quite limited with the Phenom processors. They may be quad core processors but they aren't really that good for gaming.
Building a better rig would seem like your best option.

On a 9500GT, Black ops would run okay, at low settings and lowered resolution. But Withcer 2, I'm afraid no. I don't think it can do well even at the lowest possible settings and resolution with a 9500GT.